Trusted Contributor

Doc who had EBOLA to be released today

Apparently Dr. Brantly is being released from Emory today. That's really good news. Hopefully it will quell the fears people had about bringing him and the nurse home. What do you think?

They're going to have a press conference today.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Doc who had EBOLA to be released today

What do I think ?

I think it's wonderful news.

Honored Contributor

I think it's incredible.

Honored Contributor

Fantastic news!! I'm very happy for him and his family and isn't it wonderful to hear something good in the news for a change?!

Honored Contributor

Terrific news -

Super Contributor

Yes it's good news. But the outbreak isn't being contained. The countries impacted are suffering shortages of fuel, food and basic supplies because airlines and shipping companies have stopped services to the areas. MSF and WHO said they desperately need medical staff on the ground. The situation is very grim.

An interesting parallel to what is happening here, "Ebola Task Force Officers" are now being used to quarantine the poorest of the neighborhoods in Liberia. These armed officers wearing protective armor and face shields shot live rounds into crowds of protestors and threw tear gas to disperse them.

Honored Contributor

It's uplifting and encouraging! I'm so happy for him, his family, and his co-workers. It has to give them a sign of hope for others.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

On 8/21/2014 ------ said:

Yes it's good news. But the outbreak isn't being contained. The countries impacted are suffering shortages of fuel, food and basic supplies because airlines and shipping companies have stopped services to the areas. MSF and WHO said they desperately need medical staff on the ground. The situation is very grim.

An interesting parallel to what is happening here, "Ebola Task Force Officers" are now being used to quarantine the poorest of the neighborhoods in Liberia. These armed officers wearing protective armor and face shields shot live rounds into crowds of protestors and threw tear gas to disperse them.

Oh, that's terrible. I did hear that one of the "hospitals" in Africa was ransacked and mattresses stolen because people didn't want the Ebola treatment center in their neighborhood.

Respected Contributor

Fantastic. Has there been an update on the female that most recently arrived in Atlanta?

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 8/21/2014 Deb1010again said:
On 8/21/2014 ------ said:

Oh, that's terrible. I did hear that one of the "hospitals" in Africa was ransacked and mattresses stolen because people didn't want the Ebola treatment center in their neighborhood.

that's very sad...