Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do your friends shop at QV.C. ?

Not that I know of.

Honored Contributor

Only one.

Respected Contributor

Yes a previous co-worker and thru a friend of mine I met 2 other ladies who shop QVC and now we compare designers and discuss our latest purchase when we get together.  Our guys just laugh at us.

Contributor

None of my friends.  But, when I met my Mother-in-law 12 years ago, we bonded over watching QVC and getting packages at the door.  Now my sister-in-law thinks we are both crazy.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have literally one friend who shops at QVC.  She buys a lot, and has boxes coming to her house all the time.  She follows hosts on social media, and is most definitely a big Q fan.  

But none of my other friends (and no one in my family) pays any attention to QVC at all. 

(I've been on the forums a long time, and I was a very good customer many years ago.  But now I buy very, very rarely, so I guess you could say I don't really shop at QVC either.)

Honored Contributor

No..........they all think they are "upper class"...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I don't personally know anyone who shops at QVC or HSN.

Honored Contributor

Yes, actually quite a lot.  Friends, family and at least two co-workers in my same component, of which I'm aware. 

I used to think I was the only one because I didn't bother to talk about it with anyone.  Why would I?  Shopping on QVC was just that, shopping.  I never looked at it as a community or anything other than choosing another online site to buy stuff.  My job can be non-stop meetings, briefings, and appointments.  I gave up mall shopping years ago.  Being able to competitively search for products online reduced the stress of one more thing requiring my time. 

Then, when I got more involved in social media, I realized quite a few people I knew were already shopping on QVC, HSN, and other sites I hadn't even heard of at that time.  I've even had a cousin make one of those dreaded phone calls (she was home sick and thought it'd be fun).  She called to give her take on her Clarks shoes; her call was funny, intelligent, and [thankfully] short.  I was walking from my living room to my kitchen when I heard her name (her name is very unique) and city, and I stopped in my tracks!  We laughed about that for days.

It's just shopping, and I love shopping.

Honored Contributor

I don't think so.  My sister sees what I have, and if she wants something I'd get it for her. She's bought one item off me. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I haunt the AS IS and Clearance. That is my go-to place to look.   My friends do shop Zulily as I do.