Honored Contributor

Some people get fillers injected into the bottoms of their feet to give them back the cushion. Some people do that so they can wear shoes of their choice and not have to wear othotics or sneakers all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361    If you'd visit a rheumatologist, he might prescribe some medication which could help if he decides that is indeed the priblem.  Nice, softly cushioned, supportive  shoes help a lot.  No Skechers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother  I also have super narrow feet, so I understand your delimma. It's even harder for folks like us with very narrow feet to find cushy shoes ( at any price ). Plantar fasciitis is so painful.... I've had that before but, fortunately, that's not a current issue for me. Hope yours heals soon.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@fairydogmother  I also have super narrow feet, so I understand your delimma. It's even harder for folks like us with very narrow feet to find cushy shoes ( at any price ). Plantar fasciitis is so painful.... I've had that before but, fortunately, that's not a current issue for me. Hope yours heals soon.

Thanks 😊  how did you make the fasciitis go away?

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother  just time. I hate to tell you that....I tried the recommended stretches, exercises, and even a few devices that I bought on Amazon. Did nothing. I took advil and wore Birkenstocks - as I recall.

Respected Contributor

No they don't hurt but I wear super cushiony shoes! I'm 61 too, and I know I have lost some of the cushion fat pads on the bottom of my feet, so I compensate.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee That sounds painful!  but also potentially amazing.  I think I saw something similar to that on one of those reality tv shows featuring foot doctors and foot issues.  Someone kept getting huge, thick, deep, hard calluses, and after they were sufficiently shaved the doctor injected something into her feet to add natural padding.  That person found it very painful! ugh.  I could probably use that.  anyway, I was very interested in that episode as I make calluses, which can be painful on their own.  Very annoying problem - high maintenance. 

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I had it too. The doctor gave me a prescription cream to rub on the whole area a couple/few times a day.  He gave me one of those boots to stretch me that I was to wear all night and often during the day.I can't remember what else I did, if there was something else.

Valued Contributor

@Goldengate8361   Sorry for your feet problem, I don't have too much of a foot problem but have found that if I have to stand for long periods of time my feet will hurt.  I have found that flats are the worst for me, I always need a little heel or a wedge with a soft comfort insole. Perhaps try that or buy a insole for even your flat shoes and see if that will give you some comfort and relief.  I wish you well.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 Do you feel hurt or do they ache?  Wonder if one of those shiastu foot massages might help you?  Or try some foot rubs?  Maybe roll your feet over a ball?  It could help with circulation, etc., but maybe that's not what you need.  Personally, I always love a foot rub or anything close to it Smiley Happy  Hope your feet feel better soon.