Super Contributor

Re: Do young women wear bathrobes?

I spent several months at my daughter's in the Midwest last winter.  I wore flannel pjs but needed a warm heavy robe.  I grabbed a robe at JCP without really looking at it.  When I got home, I discovered it had big rabbit ears on the hood.  The grands didn't make fun of me.  I think they thought it was cute.  When I returned home, I left some things there because I couldn't get everything in my suitcases.  My 14 1/2 year old granddaughter got the robe.  She loves it.  I'm sure she will let me borrow it if I go back to visit in the winter.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat I wear my robe when I get out of the shower and before I get dressed while I am putting my makeu on.  I am not a "young woman."  I remember my Mother would purchase robes for the women in the family at Christmas time.  Usually "Vanity Fair" robes that she purchased on her women's bus grip to the factory.  Nothing like a warm, beautiful robe for the winter.

Vanity Fair Robe 1970's Plush Robe Navy Blue Robe Velour image 0

Respected Contributor

I've always loved them.

Valued Contributor

Oh yes, robes are wonderful gifts!  They'll love to receive a warm comfy bathrobe

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat wrote:

Thinking of gifts for DD and DDIL.  I wear a robe every morning in the cooler weather and wonder if younger women do.  I don't want to ask my DD since it may be a gift.  

@shy bobcat The best gift is one you ask about and someone wantsand will be thrilled to get.  

The worst gift is a surprise and something they don't want. I remember a long time ago my husband bought me an LL Bean tie terry robe that was too long and weighed more than my car. I HATED it but would occationally wear it.  I bought him one for revenge (ha ha!) next year and he wore it out--wore it for decades I think and loved it!

I cannot stand to wear a tie robe and would immediately donate one someone gave me.  While I like robes I am very picky about the kind I would really wear.

It isn't I wouldn't appreciate a gift but if it is something I won't wear, I donate it immediately and what good is that?

Honored Contributor

I think young women wear belted wrap robes, but not the loose style that zips or snaps in the front.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I am not "young" and have never worn a bathrobe.  Can not remember ever wearing one....I just put a sweater on if cold or such.

Esteemed Contributor

My DD and DD in law do not. Not sure about anyone else.

Respected Contributor

Funny thing- DD just on lookout for a robe since she will be traveling and wants it for modesty in case need arises. Few stores have more than a couple to choose from. Ended up at Kohl’s. I find even a summer or light robe to be necessity.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, a full bathrobe is too hot for me.  I prefer bed jackets.

My DIL wears a shirt and sweat pants and nylon (silky) robes.

If you're not sure, give them a spa day.