Honored Contributor

Re: Do you worry about becoming a terrorist victim?

Marp, it's Toto, the dog.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

You don't have to have skyscrapers...just a U-Haul truck packed with fertilizer.

What, they going to use a drone, or an old German made StucKa?  I don't haul u-haul trailers either. Last thing I towed was one of my race cars, and that was some time back.

Gotta do better than these questions. They are to easy for me to answer.

John, a U-Haul truck, packed with explosive fertilizer was used as a weapon in Oklahoma to kill and injure hundreds of innocent people in a federal building.  Perhaps you heard about the story?  

You using a U-Haul truck or race cars has nothing to do with anything.  Sorry for the confusion.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

Of course I worry...ISIS has threatened Main Street USA....I was in NYC on 9/11. I lost 2 friends on that day and I will never forget; I also worked at the WTC respite during recovery efforts and saw grown men cry at the horror ....we as Americans should worry and be alert. I live in NJ and commuted to NYC until 2013 and everytime I got stuck in the tunnel the thought crossed my mind. But, I don't let these thoughts inhibit me or restrict me in anyway because then "they" win..... But, we all should worry
Honored Contributor

So if a pizza delivery person is wearing a turban, will you shoot at him?

Many Sikh's have been harassed since 9-11 because of the the males wearing turbans and being mistaken for Arabs.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

John,

I wasn't talking about you v. bomb, but you or any of us in a market place against a shooter.  You might want to read what I wrote about that.

You also might want to read the two posts from dulwich, on this line.  She was a victim of a terrorist attack in a store and tells it like it was.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Marp, it's Toto, the dog.

Oh.  Thank you.  I thought it was something else--perhaps an acronym because of the capitalization.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Oh did not think of that - would not have helped me if I had carried a machine gun - one minute you are browsing books next you are on the floor - so when would carrying a gun - if that is what the protector is - have helped?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I'm personally surprised a hockey stick wasn't the weapon of choice...especially since it's mentioned so often.

I do like the phrase...."taking out shadows". Boy, that's the truth.

This was a topic of conversation (open carry) during last night's dinner with my BFF. Boy, he had some choice words....
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

You don't have to have skyscrapers...just a U-Haul truck packed with fertilizer.

What, they going to use a drone, or an old German made StucKa?  I don't haul u-haul =trailers either. Last thing I towed was one of my race cars, and that was some time back.

Gotta do better than these questions. They are to easy for me to answer.

You're being ridiculous.....have you already forgotten about the OK bombing in a U-Haul truck?

I hope you're not making light of that.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:
Oh did not think of that - would not have helped me if I had carried a machine gun - one minute you are browsing books next you are on the floor - so when would carrying a gun - if that is what the protector is - have helped?

It wouldn't have.

So sorry for what you've gone through.