Respected Contributor

Re: Do you worry about becoming a terrorist victim?

LOL< NO!

Honored Contributor

I don't worry but I will tell you the truth, when we went to the movies, it did enter my mind about the terrible shooting and the people that lost their lives.

My heart is broken that these wonderful marines fought for our freedom and come home to be killed.

Trusted Contributor

Sadly....When I went to Francis Cardinal George's funeral Commital service at the cemetary last March...The thought entered my mind. Terrorist acts against religion and American's seem to be at the top of ISIS's list.  Then I thought ...if it happens...it happens. They are not going to stop me from living my life.

We sure do live in a different world today.

Respected Contributor

I am not. I will not give them the satisfaction. And besides , I am Jewish and my Lord teaches not to be afraid of anything and enjoy life in fullest, He is watching over me,always and forever. We have an agreement, I behave my best and He is watching.
Shalom to all ! Do not be afraid, be prepared ....and have some wine!
Contributor

I work for my county's prosecutors office, and I truly believe Americans have NOT a clue about how many mentally ill people are on the streets. That's so sad to me, especially when I think it does not have to be that way. My brother works in Vancouver BC and he said that you don't really see people like that roaming the streets, and what not. I guess I worry about people like that getting guns because I see it a lot. Way scarier than terrorist attack, the odds are just greater.
Respected Contributor

@SANNA wrote:
I am not. I will not give them the satisfaction. And besides , I am Jewish and my Lord teaches not to be afraid of anything and enjoy life in fullest, He is watching over me,always and forever. We have an agreement, I behave my best and He is watching.

I can't officially give you more than one heart, but I can give you these:

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

For a few years after 9/11, I worried about terrorist attacks if my sons were at a NFL game or the city's huge firework display or getting on a airplane but not anymore.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

I can't officially give you more than one heart, but I can give you these:

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

When I read the thread, I knew my answer immediately before reading anyone else's. Then I see the one quoted here above.

I am not Jewish, but that doesn't matter. My God has been watching over me since I was a vision in His mind and He then blew my first breath into me when I was born. Since ,He has guarded me and guided me through thick and thin, and I fear not anything because He lives inside of me as He desires of all of us. Because I am a Christian, He calms or eradicates all of my fears, including this one.

I pray He does the same for you!  Heart

Respected Contributor

No.

Contributor

It was mentioned by another but I am more worried about cyber attacks.  Russia, China, and No. Korea are just as much enemies of the US as ISIS.  They are getting more and more bellicose. Terrorists murder a finite number of victims (yes, 1 is too much) but our enemies can take down our economy and destroy us,  take down the electrical grid, take down a nuclear plant, etc.  These have more devastating and widespread effects than say a one wolf attack..  As the feds cannot tell us what measures they have in place and what our expertise is, I can only hope that they are a few steps ahead of the big 3 who are beginning to bully and harass us and the world.

Every day Russian pilots fly dangerously close to other nations airplanes, Every day China and No. Korea break into a  US company's database, etc.

As China does not respect patent laws or proprietary info they have stolen product info, military info, etc. 

PS - carryng a gun, in this instance, will not help.  Well I suppose you could alwas shoot your monitor.