Honored Contributor

Re: Do you worry about becoming a terrorist victim?

I do not know who tagged my last post with "iPad Heart," but thank you. Your clever and cute workaround made my day.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@dulwich wrote:
Oh did not think of that - would not have helped me if I had carried a machine gun - one minute you are browsing books next you are on the floor - so when would carrying a gun - if that is what the protector is - have helped?

Guess you haven't been watching the news. If you do happen to see the biggest news story?  And you don't think a gun might have helped?

Apples and oranges.  You are talking about an assault with a firearm.  Dulwich is relating her personal experience in a building that was bombed.  In her case no, a gun absolutely would not have been one bit of help.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

sidsmom wrote:
I'm personally surprised a hockey stick wasn't the weapon of choice...especially since it's mentioned so often.

I do like the phrase...."taking out shadows". Boy, that's the truth.

This was a topic of conversation (open carry) during last night's dinner with my BFF. Boy, he had some choice words....

sidsmom,

If you want to talk hockey equipment, here is a clue. Most players and officials get hurt by the puck in the face and other areas of the body. Very seldom by a "hockey stick".

Just an FYI for ya,

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

John, dulwich doesn't have to watch the news, she lived it and was injured.

You seem very insensitive to that fact.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

When I was literally blown up by bomb No nothing would have helped me.
Esteemed Contributor

Marp wrote:

Apples and oranges.  You are talking about an assault with a firearm.  Dulwich is relating her personal experience in a building that was bombed.  In her case no, a gun absolutely would not have been one bit of help.

I have no idea what her personal experience might be. You know exactly what event I am speaking about in my reply to "dulwich".

And as I've said in this thread at least twice: " I am not worried about things I cannot control". Now that would include a bomb.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

dulwich: So sorry you had to experience this tragic event. Definitely your words weigh heavy.

I would STRONGLY encourage all the naysayers to listen to dulwich's story & opinion on this subject. Unless you've been in a similar event, then....well, you know.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I have no idea what her personal experience might be. You know exactly what event I am speaking about in my reply to "dulwich".

And as I've said in this thread at least twice: " I am not worried about things I cannot control". Now that would include a bomb.

John, you first  posted that you aren't afraid of terrorism because you have your protective friend in your pocket.

This is what you said......and how do you interpret that to say  you are not worried about things you can't control"

No! My protective friend is never beyond my reach and ready to act or react immediately. Nothing in life causes me to worry for my own safety.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

NoelSeven wrote:

John, dulwich doesn't have to watch the news, she lived it and was injured.

You seem very insensitive to that fact.

I don't know a thing about where she lived and what happened to her, thus I am being insensitive to something in which I know nothing about?

My replies have to do to the title of this thread:

"Do you worry about becoming a terrorist victim"

That is no reflection on anyone. I am replying to those that obviously are on the opposite side of me when it comes to guns.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

ChynnaBlue: That was me!! I was trying out a 'workaround' for the heart/like function since I live on my iPad. iPad users miss out on all the 'good stuff'! I'll have to remember to tag it "iPad Heart-Sidsmom" next time! Hee.