Honored Contributor

Re: Do you worry about becoming a terrorist victim?

@terrier3 wrote:

No.

This is a ridiculous, irrational fear, IMO.

I think not, terrier3.  I think it is an awareness that as we see more and more terrorism around us (and I think we will), we will start to feel more and more vulnerable.  Terrorism will become like lightening to us and we will seek refuge in safer places.  These people are not stupid.  They understand the human mind better than we give them credit for.  Look how immune we have already become to their atrocities in other countries.  That is how it begins....a kind of numbness that says....we have nothing to worry about in this country. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I think not, terrier3.  I think it is an awareness that as we see more and more terrorism around us (and I think we will), we will start to feel more and more vulnerable.  Terrorism will become like lightening to us and we will seek refuge in safer places.  These people are not stupid.  They understand the human mind better than we give them credit for.  Look how immune we have already become to their atrocities in other countries.  That is how it begins....a kind of numbness that says....we have nothing to worry about in this country. 

There are no 'safe places' imo.

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I knew exactly what he meant........what would a condom have to do with a terrorist attack?

and what did a handgun have to do with a terrorist attack?  There are trained professionals with guns and they still die during terrorists attacks.

If I knew Isis was going to come calling in 30 minutes I'd want a gun to greet them with.

There's just one small problem with that.  Terrorists usually don't send calling cards or announce when they'll be in a designated location.  

The sad thing is that violence often goes unchallenged in schools and public places until a number of people are terrorized, injured and/or killed.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

There are no 'safe places' imo.

I saw a map dotted everywhere they are known to be in our beloved USA.  It is quite shocking.

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

No.

This is a ridiculous, irrational fear, IMO.

This is certainly not a ridiculous irrational fear!. We should all know of the vast threats and warnings by our Intelligence; supposed every one knew about the terrorist cells all over the country waiting for word from headquarters about when to strike.  This is not an isolated warning.  As I remember, we were on high alert just a few weeks ago.

Respected Contributor

I do not worry about things I have no control over.