Esteemed Contributor

If so,how do you like it? My son just bought me one last week and I must say I'm liking it.  Interested in how other wearers like theirs.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you wear a fitbit?

[ Edited ]

I have a small one, that I clip on to my pocket. I love it.  Mine is the Zip. I wanted one to just count steps and convert that to miles.  It also lists calories burned. 

I didn't want to wear one, so I'm pleased with the Zip. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I have had one for about Three years now.  I think it helps me be more motivated to get in my steps for the day.  I average about 12000 now. But I have days where I only get in 8000 or so...

Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you wear a fitbit?

[ Edited ]

I have worn my Fitbit Flex for almost 3 years and it's the best motivator to keep me moving!  Having retired 3 years ago and now in my 70's I knew that I must stay active and one of the best ways is walking.  I have walked every day for those past 3 years and I feel great!!! I walk a minimum of 15,000 steps a day but most days I go above 20,000 steps - it's so invigorating - all that walking!  I even walked 36,000 steps one day this past June when I was down the shore and was walking the boardwalk - again felt great!!!  So, I guess you can say I love my Fitbit!!!

Honored Contributor

I used to, but now I'm working out about an hour or longer most days so it didn't seem like I needed to worry about how many steps I was taking a day. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I bought the Zip last spring and didn't that I couldn't periodically see how much I walked unless I unclipped it.  When the Q had the HR Charger 2 as a TSV in January and I like it much better.  But now I don't change to my other watches anymore, lol.  I keep it on except for showering and charging it up.  I won't end my day with about 15,000 steps showing.  Usually I have more than that.  Right this minute, I have 21,903, 8.83 miles and 2309 calories burned. It's addictive and I love it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Contributor

I can't believe the difference it has made in my day. I have a desk job and it makes me get up and move every hour! It is fantastic. I got mine in December as a gift and I have lost 20 lbs just by walking and moving more. The community on FitBit is fabulous and they get you involved in challenges that are fun and motivating and very encouraging. I love mine and hope you love yours, too!

Super Contributor

For those who may not know, as I only recently discovered it myself:  on my iPhone 6s, there is a pre-installed Health app.  

If you open it up, and click on the "Today" icon at the bottom of the screen, you will find an activity tracker for # of steps and distance.  

This app also contains a "Medical ID" icon in which you can enter health info in case of an emergency and you are not able to provide the info verbally.  

Medical personnel can access this info, even if your screen is locked.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Trusted Contributor

i've been wearing one for maybe 4 years now. when my husband first started wearing one, i wasn't even interested. then he suggested i try it. i never stopped wearing it since. it really got me moving everyday and i've upgraded twice already. 

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV

Great gift! I have wanted an activity tracker. 

I don't know what model or brand yet.