Valued Contributor

Re: Do you watch more or less QVC now....

[ Edited ]

I actually watch/listen all the time. It's always on the tv at work (either the Q or HSN) as background noise and then I will turn around and watch if it's something I'm interested in. I don't have cable at home, so I will watch on my phone via the apps (QVC & HSN) I was late to the at home shopping network :-( I didn't even start watching until 2016, so I can only imagine how much better it was back in the day from what I always hear. I really wish they'd spend less time on each item, therefore, they would have enough time to show DIFFERENT things lol 

I actually read an article yesterday about the Q & HSN and the outlook for home shopping networks. The author was a QVC shopper and his opinion was essentially that unless they (QVC & HSN) start doing something differently, they may not be around for much longer. He was very optimstic, but just the "tone/vibe" I got from it was that it didn't look too good unless they keep fighting, which he did say that they were doing just that and that they weren't going to give up. How he knows this, I'm not sure...he quoted something Mike George said, but I don't recall what that was. I will try to find the article again in case someone would like to read it. You may get a different interpretation from it than I did. 

At any rate, I agree that unless they make some MAJOR changes they unfortunately will be phased out eventually. JMO It's so sad too, b/c I think if they made the RIGHT changes (what those are I don't know, b/c that isn't my expertise lol, but there are people who do know and could make it happen) they could probably do well. I guess we'll see and time will tell! I would hate to see them go out of business. That would be devastating!!!

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

I used to do the Q check or have ITKWD on, but I “rescanned” the TV (I have an antenna) and neither QVC nor HSN shows up...and I’m fine with that. I check “recently on air” online and that’s enough. Sometimes I need to mute the sound and use closed captioning to get the information without...all the rest. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

LESS !!

Frequent Contributor

Less watching and less ordering. Prices are too high, shipping charges are too high and  I don't feel you can trust sizing.I don't like having to return at the shipping charges and have nothing to show for it.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I really like now is the guy from Le Creuset!  He is really neat to watch! He cooks, he acts and talks like a polite adult, and it is better than most stuff on the Food Network now.

Martha is informative and I'll tune in for that when I know she is on sometimes.  

David seems like a nice person but I cannot stand to watch his silliness on the cooking shows. Sorry but to me it is cringe worthy.   Without that, I'd watch him.

A long time ago it was like listening to friends.  Dan and Pat and the morning show, sitting at the table, the morning fashion show on Saturday, etc.  

I never watched the fabulous Miss Lisa, and am not a fan of Shane's, and totally can't watch screaming Mally. 

The cooking shows with boring old Bob were good because they cooked and showed neat products.

I buy Denim and Co. pants too, but they have little selection in the original waist petites now.

I've quit watching the Hee Haw, screaming, all talking at once network most of it is now.

Honored Contributor

LESS ! just check in to see what Isaac has now and again and Denim & Co.

Kitchen stuff is invaded by non kitchen stuff that makes me livid.

some of the hosts can't stand, etc.

tired of the same ol' Keurig, temptations, KA mixers they make pretty paper weights. Like most businesses they have a ebb and flow. Nobody stays at the top forever.

HSN will send you 20% code, you use it, then they ignore it when you see your credit card charge. Sick of that **** too.

Respected Contributor

Hardly ever watch anymore.  Just don't find pricing and shipping good enough to catch my interest...Boring (to me) live shows. 

I do most of my ordering on other sites.  No entertainment value to me in the shows anymore.  I'm sure the biggest change is in me...,my interests, spending habits, needs & wants.

Honored Contributor

I watch almost none. I view and shop the website. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The only thing I really like now is the guy from Le Creuset!  He is really neat to watch! He cooks, he acts and talks like a polite adult, and it is better than most stuff on the Food Network now.

Martha is informative and I'll tune in for that when I know she is on sometimes.  

David seems like a nice person but I cannot stand to watch his silliness on the cooking shows. Sorry but to me it is cringe worthy.   Without that, I'd watch him.

A long time ago it was like listening to friends.  Dan and Pat and the morning show, sitting at the table, the morning fashion show on Saturday, etc.  

I never watched the fabulous Miss Lisa, and am not a fan of Shane's, and totally can't watch screaming Mally. 

The cooking shows with boring old Bob were good because they cooked and showed neat products.

I buy Denim and Co. pants too, but they have little selection in the original waist petites now.

I've quit watching the Hee Haw, screaming, all talking at once network most of it is now.

You read my mind. I'm with you on all points. Bob was a gentleman, now we have someone who thinks he's a comedian. So childish. I do love Valerie and her products, never miss her shows. My house is happy because of her.

Esteemed Contributor

Much less.