Super Contributor

I rarely watch live TV - except for Shopping channels and breaking news.

Honored Contributor

I watch a local morning newscast from 5-6am and that's pretty much all the "live" tv I watch. I watch programs that are on "On Demand". I watch what I want, when I want to watch it.

Honored Contributor

I watch some things live. A lot of shows that I like that come on at night, I DVR and watch at my convenience.

I prefer watching a DVR show so I can just fast forward through all the stupid commercials.

Honored Contributor

Very rarely do I watch anything as it actually airs unless it's a sporting event. We DVR practically everything because I cannot stand the commercials.

It's funny because about 2 years ago, I was of the opinion that there wasn't a tv show important enough for me to DVR. I either caught it while it aired or I missed it. I'm not sure what the first show was I DVR'd and from that time on I was hooked.

Honored Contributor

oops

Honored Contributor

What I really love about having a DVR is pausing, fast forwarding, and rewinding something.

I can't tell you how many times we're watching something and look at each other say, "what did he say," and rewind it to hear what was said.

Once you get used to watching TV that way, it's hard to watch it any other way...

Honored Contributor
On 6/17/2014 brii said:

What I really love about having a DVR is pausing, fast forwarding, and rewinding something.

I can't tell you how many times we're watching something and look at each other say, "what did he say," and rewind it to hear what was said.

Once you get used to watching TV that way, it's hard to watch it any other way...

We do that a lot too, brii.
Honored Contributor

Hi, tansy.

Honored Contributor
On 6/17/2014 tansy said:
On 6/17/2014 brii said:

Same here. And once in a great while we end up watching something 'live' (not dvr'd) and a commercial begins - he & I look at each other like, "what are you doing? Fast forward already!" then we realize we can't. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 6/17/2014 MJ 12 said:
On 6/17/2014 tansy said:
On 6/17/2014 brii said:

Same here. And once in a great while we end up watching something 'live' (not dvr'd) and a commercial begins - he & I look at each other like, "what are you doing? Fast forward already!" then we realize we can't. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hi, MJ.

Sometimes we'll pause things in the beginning just so we can fast forward through the commercials