Honored Contributor

I would never find the time to watch them if I didn't watch them when they were aired.

Super Contributor
On 6/17/2014 Pook said:

I would never find the time to watch them if I didn't watch them when they were aired.

That doesn't make much sense. If you can take the time to watch them while they aired then you would have the time to watch them recorded, unless you are watching for the commercials. LOL
Super Contributor

I don't watch much network TV. Mostly cable channels and HBO. I make good use of On Demand and I can forward through commercials if I want to. Like others, most of the time I just get up and putter around when they are on.

Respected Contributor

Hello moxie. I rarely watch live t.v. if I can help it. Mostly if I do it is an awards show or special.

I will watch ""The Voice"" live because I can't wait to see it!

Honored Contributor

I never record. Live sports and a few reality shows and cable series.

Respected Contributor

Only sports,everything else we record. Not only because of the commercials also because we have such a mix in this house of different programs some like others don't.

Honored Contributor
On 6/17/2014 ~moxie~ said:
On 6/17/2014 Pook said:

That doesn't make much sense. If you can take the time to watch them while they aired then you would have the time to watch them recorded, unless you are watching for the commercials. LOL

Sure it makes sense. I,m retired so why would I record a show I can watch when it's on and then have to find the time to watch it later when there are other shows I normally watch? Now that makes no sense!! I won't stay up all night and into the early morning hours just to watch a recorded show. There is no show that great worth doing that. I take the time to watch what I enjoy and use the rest of my time to do other things. No need to record anything. Recording shows and knowing you can watch later is just procrastinating since I can watch what I want when it's televised.

Super Contributor
On 6/17/2014 Pook said:
On 6/17/2014 ~moxie~ said:
On 6/17/2014 Pook said:

Sure it makes sense. I,m retired so why would I record a show I can watch when it's on and then have to find the time to watch it later when there are other shows I normally watch? Now that makes no sense!! I won't stay up all night and into the early morning hours just to watch a recorded show. There is no show that great worth doing that. I take the time to watch what I enjoy and use the rest of my time to do other things. No need to record anything. Recording shows and knowing you can watch later is just procrastinating since I can watch what I want when it's televised.

Well what makes sense to me is to record the shows I like and then watch them the next night and on and on.
Honored Contributor

While I do have two Tivos, I still watch some live tv. I watch live when I'm at my desk or in my kitchen. I have little 19" TVs in both of those locations that don't have a Tivo on them. I'm always doing other stuff, so I just watch live, throwaway, stuff during those times.

Sometimes, on one of my Tivo TVs I watch semi-live.

Of course, if you don't have time to watch shows live it is advantageous to record them to watch at another time! When you can FF through commercial segments it takes about 42-43 minutes to watch a one hour show and 21-22 minutes to watch a 30 minute show. You can watch about 3 hours of tv in two hours. Of course, that excludes premium channel viewing.

I have a lot of time on my hands now, but I still don't want to have to sit through commercial segments. That's just wasted time. It makes me anxious and I end up getting up to do something, then I end up missing the show.

Then there are the shows that are on late, during which I'd be falling asleep a lot. If I record them to watch the next day, or beyond, I can choose an earlier time to watch.

Now that there are so many channels, often there are several shows on at the same time that I would want to watch. Thankfully, on the cable shows (not network shows), there are multiple airings so the Tivo can find the best airing to record so that no shows are missed. The only learning curve for me was to put my network show season passes up at the top of the priority, since those just have one airing. The cable shows can easily take care of themselves, as the Tivo will find airings that can be recorded.

I've had Tivos for ten years and I would not want to go back.

Honored Contributor

Yes.