Honored Contributor

Re: Do you watch gift shows?

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

No I dont! 

I asked on here last year for there to be at least "catagories" for these shows and a Mod answered and passed the suggestion on and they actually stopped or slowed way down.  

The powers that be must have forgot about my request that so many other posters agreed with.

@Jackhound Mom  I agree. I have never watched those generalized gift shows, Jane’s Favorite Gifts, etc. I’d rather have an all Beauty Show, all Fashion, etc. I don’t like to FF through 3 hours of junk. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cant wait for these shows...especially the Flashpad in a new configuration ..... and then there's the Poopourri Gift set....(JUST KIDDING)

NO!!!---but I may take a peek as I flip through channels just for a giggle.....

Its the same stuff YEAR after YEAR---and like @Kachina624 said, many of what's shown is mostly same products tthey show throughout the year in the guise of being holiday gifts.....I feel sorry for the recipients that have to act surprised and pleased all the while getting the same thing year after year!

Its a shame because at one time QVC actually had some unique and interesting gifts (and I havent even been with QVC as long as some people)

Image result for cat acting surprised over christmas gift

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I watch some of the gift items on video.

Honored Contributor

I’d actually love to watch a good gift show. However, QVC doesn’t show any. 

Back in the old days, Jeff Hewson hosted the Gift Shop once a week, on Sunday nights maybe. He’d always have a great variety of things that would actually make nice gifts. Things that hadn’t been shown over and over again already. He’d spend literally 2 or 3 minutes on the item and then move along to the next item. 

I’m more an online QVC shopper now. Because, it seems that just about every single time I tune in, they’re showing the TSV. It doesn’t matter what day.  It doesn’t matter what time.  It goes on forever.  Sundays are the worst days for that.  Most recently it was the air fryer. I had some time that day so I’d tune in every so often and 100% of the time they’d be showing that air fryer again.  Endless presentations.  And so I’d tune right out. 

Sunday nights are the worst. It’s either at 8 or 9. You tune in and, more often than not, it’s a full hour of whatever Sundays TSV is.  Off I go to another channel. 

So, would I like to watch a gift show?  Sure!  But bring in some gift type items. Don’t show that ladder or whatever all day and then throw it in a gift shop. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The items that they call "gifts" are generally not anything that l would want to give or receive.  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I cant wait for these shows...especially the Flashpad in a new configuration ..... and then there's the Poopourri Gift set....(JUST KIDDING)

NO!!!---but I may take a peek as I flip through channels just for a giggle.....

Its the same stuff YEAR after YEAR---and like @Kachina624 said, many of what's shown is mostly same products tthey show throughout the year in the guise of being holiday gifts.....I feel sorry for the recipients that have to act surprised and pleased all the while getting the same thing year after year!

Its a shame because at one time QVC actually had some unique and interesting gifts (and I havent even been with QVC as long as some people)

Image result for cat acting surprised over christmas gift

@Spurt.  None of the shopping channels do a decent job on their gift choices.  With all the "stuff" available world-wide, you'd think they could come up with some new and innovative merchandise.  I remember a few years ago HSN had some merchandise that was great from the Museum of Modern Art.  I almost fainted but sadly it disappeared after one airing.  Why don't their highly paid buyers get with places like MOMA and dream up some merchandise?  It would benefit the museum and QVC.  Why don't they feature sparkly holiday party wear either for gifts or for the buyer?  We don't need more mukluks.  How about a line of sparkly holiday jewelry?  Louis del Olio is the only vendor who I've heard mention such a thing.  There are a million possible gifts for travelers that we never see.  How about "helper" devices for those with physical challenges; I saw a clever gadget in "new arrivals" but I bet nobody would think of it for  a gift show.  Please lose the heating pad; we're sick of it.  Can you imagine gift shows so exciting you wouldn't want to miss one?  The Q bores us for months with Christmas; they surely don't make the most of the season.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Years ago, I got so tired of the trinkets, cheap looking items, things I’d never gift anyone like tweezers, face shaves, Poo spray for the toilet, heel callous scrapers, tooth whitener sets.....Whoever you gifted these to would take offense and talk to you again.

BTW, I could live out my years without ever hearing the words “stocking stuffers” again.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

The items that they call "gifts" are generally not anything that l would want to give or receive.  Woman Surprised

@handygal2  You really don’t want a gift set of compression socks? 😛

Honored Contributor

Never!!!

Honored Contributor

No. I buy very few gifts, I suspect many of the things people buy and give end up at Goodwill or some similar place. Materialism has gotten out of control, most of my friends are downsizing or going to a more minimalist style of living.