Honored Contributor

Re: Do you watch any daytime talk shows?

I was a big fan of Phil Donahue..then watched Oprah sporadically over the years. After both of them retired, I'd watch Ellen once in a while. I'm not watching anything at this time.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/20/2015 halfpint said:

I use to watch View. now a little of some afternoon shows. In the old days it was Donahue, Mike Douglas and sometimes Sally. There was better talk and entertainment then for me.

Phil Donahue was the best. It's a Shame his show was cancelled because he refused to do sensational topics. Did you know that Mike Douglas is the singing voice of Prince Charming in the Disney cartoon? I also.like Merv and Cavett.
It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

I watch Home and Family every morning on the Hallmark channel.

I tape it too in case I over sleep.

Can't stand any other shows out there!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 halfpint said:

I use to watch View. now a little of some afternoon shows. In the old days it was Donahue, Mike Douglas and sometimes Sally. There was better talk and entertainment then for me.

I agree. Donahue was in a class all his own, he had a very informative show. Those days are gone forever, sadly.

Esteemed Contributor

I've often thought that if Ellen was on in the evenings people would be a lot happier and more positive. Jmo.

Honored Contributor

No
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Nope. Never did, never will. Same with soap operas.

I worked full time until I retired and I didn't start turning on the TV in the morning until just a few years ago. I never watched at night much either. I had a few favorite shows. Never had a TV in my bedroom until a few years ago either. I took a crossword puzzle book (Sunday Times) to bed with me and that's how I fell asleep.
Now it pains me that I have the TV on most of the time. However, it's muted and usually on CNN to catch the headlines when I see them. Sometimes I'll watch the Q if it's something I'm interested in.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 NickNack said:

I watch The Talk. I get tired of Sheryl's jokes though. It sounds like a lot of people here do, too. I wonder why they continue to let her act like that? I watch Ellen sometimes, too.

Is that the lady who took Leah Remini's seat (on the end, opposite of Julie)? She is THE singular reason I could not watch that show anymore. Too too much, like WAY too much.

Respected Contributor

Nope..too busy getting ready for work, letting dogs out, letting dogs in , feeding dogs, putting treats in their treat disposing toys, separating them into a room for each so no fighting over Kong toys, feeding cat, checking that all animals have water, ironing clothes, doing hair and make-up, quickly eating a piece of fruit, then small dogs into crates, cat into her bedroom, big dog outside...

....and off to work I go. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Kalli said:

Nope..too busy getting ready for work, letting dogs out, letting dogs in , feeding dogs, putting treats in their treat disposing toys, separating them into a room for each so no fighting over Kong toys, feeding cat, checking that all animals have water, ironing clothes, doing hair and make-up, quickly eating a piece of fruit, then small dogs into crates, cat into her bedroom, big dog outside...

....and off to work I go. Smile

It truly is a zoo at your house in the morning, but I bet the unconditional love that you come home to is all worth it. Nothing like doggie and kittie kisses!