Super Contributor

Re: Do you watch QVC on days that specialize in only one thing?

I enjoy watching QVC. I wish I could do it more often. My mom's been watching since practically day 1 of CVN. It's in my blood Smiley Happy.

I do like home shows, too (especially fall or harvest themed), but have they ever had an all day home event? I kind of remember one, but I'm not sure.

Respected Contributor

I do not watch all day subjects of anything.   It is an over load of one thing.  Think about it this way....go to a shopping mall and while you walk down the mall every store is the same thing.  UGG   Would bore anyone, and they would leave the mall.    People like change often or they get bored.   Even my favorite fashion designer I could not watch all day long. Keep the shows mixed up.  Do not show one fashion show from one designer and then go right on to another designers fashion show.   Darn toss in a hot dog, candy, popcorn, etc, like we are having a show time break or change of thoughts.   I vote for candy of Dark Chocolate; the Best Truffles with smooth creamy center that melts in our mouth.   Not those truffles that have hard dark chocolate centers.   Any ways QVC is here to intertain us ....so intertain us and keep us watching and awake.   

Frequent Contributor

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!  I will not watch a one-topic day of sales on any item on QVC.  I hate them!!!  Very repetitive.  I particularly dislike the all-day, or all weekend of CHRISTMAS IN JULY, OR AUGUST, OR SEPTEMBER, etc.  It's nearly 100* here, I dislike Christmas shopping too.  I don't even't want to think about Christmas till October or November!!!

Respected Contributor

No I don't watch when there is one category all day.
Honored Contributor

The only thing I watch on QVC is the beauty shows and no I do not watch ALL beauty shows, just some and just occasionally. I actually like to record them and then fast forward through the items they've shown ad nauseum and get to the new stuff. So basically most of the time I fast forward through the whole show, lol.

I  may watch the luminar shows coming up or maybe just go online to see what is available. I'm not sure I really need to see them in action since, well, they are candles. Pretty sure I know what candles do.

Honored Contributor

I have very few designers that I watch.  It used to be that jewelry was the bulk of what they showed.

I think that when Q started, most people didn't walk around with a "willing wallet" in different parts of a store.  It wasn't until the days (80's) that women started wearing a variety of rings.  Look at the jewelry boxes from then and compare what we have now.  One hundred rings?  I could never find that number that I like!  The variety and exposure hooked viewers as well as charming personalities like Kathy Levine.

We had no internet shopping and had to drive to another city for variety.  T V shopping filled a void.

Honored Contributor

I live alone in a big house with lots of rooms where I raised a family.  I don't like going into rooms that are quiet.

I don't apologize to anyone one anymore (unless I'm mean).  Go over to our TV, movies, books section.  We like TV.  I don't watch QVC all day, my guess is most people don't.

Look, I'm so tired of the terrible news and having so many 'things' jammed down my throat.

When I watch QVC everyone is happy, happy.  I only buy what I want to.

Honored Contributor

Generally no, as I find it to be too repetitive, but I will occasionally check in to see what is on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Smiley LOL
@peajay wrote:

Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!  I will not watch a one-topic day of sales on any item on QVC.  I hate them!!!  Very repetitive.  I particularly dislike the all-day, or all weekend of CHRISTMAS IN JULY, OR AUGUST, OR SEPTEMBER, etc.  It's nearly 100* here, I dislike Christmas shopping too.  I don't even't want to think about Christmas till October or November!!!

You're funny; you made me laugh. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

no