Valued Contributor

Re: Do you use Cable TV, satellite, streaming?

I have cable through Xfinity which costs nothing in my condo complex in southeast Florida. I believe the cost is included in my HOA fees. I pay a small fee for extra channels that include Nat Geo Wild, which I watch frequently. 

I can and do watch other apps that are free via my smart TV through selection on the remote. The down side of this is the inflexibility of hopping around to various channels that one can do with traditional TV viewing.

I don't expect I would spend $$ for any streaming service. They don't offer anything I want to see.

Honored Contributor

All of the above.

The long and winding road that leads to your door will never disappear.
Esteemed Contributor

Cable user here (AT&T). Yes, it's more expensive but I love the convenience and I like have a zillion channels. To each their own.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

All of the above.

@Group 5 minus 1 

Why?

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Our cable TV bill with Comcast was close to $200 for just a cut above basic...rip off.  We have YouTube TV through Roku.  We still have WiFi through Comcast but the cost is less than half without the TV cable cost.   Very happy.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

We switched last December from Xfinity to AT&T Fiber for internet and DirecTV for streaming the basic package deal at least for now.  We tried antennas for each of our two TVs for a short time.  It is still an alternative if the cost goes up too much. But in our area the hills often interfere with a clear steady signal on some channels with antenna usage.  We are definitely happier with the AT&T Fiber.  Our son worked recently for an Xfinity store and said all he ever saw were unhappy customers fussing about the cost and the service (or lack of).  He just changed jobs to get out of that negative one to something less stressful. 

Respected Contributor

We have ATT (spectrum) cable and internet as well as Apple TV, Max, NF, Prime,Paramount and Hulu. We like our set up. 

The spectrum tech was out for an issue and said "those boxes" are so out of date and you will soon not be able to find replacements. He called it our legacy plan ie nice way to say old fashioned I guess. 

I know how to toggle between channels with my remote. However, while watching a streaming program such as streaming sports program, it is not possible to use the remote to toggle to a cable program. At least it is not on my set up. So I was contemplating a tv system of all streaming. 

I'm not technology averse. Thanks for taking the time to chat about this.

Respected Contributor

Cable.

Trusted Contributor

We use cable but we also subscribe to a couple of streaming channels, though we don't watch it often. When in the motorhome we use Dish, it's a monthly program that we turn on and off as needed.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Esteemed Contributor

I have cable with Xfinity.  I don’t know the monthly cost because it’s provided by the retirement community where I live.  Most retirement communities do this so I’m not sure how or if that would change anytime soon.  We can add-on but I haven’t because I find it includes most of the channels I like to watch.