Respected Contributor

Re: Do you trust PayPal with your bank acct. information

I had one of the worst customer service experiences of my life with PayPal. One good reason to make PP purchases via a linked credit card is that your credit card will protect you when PayPal won't. I paid for a product via PayPal that I never received, and part of the purchase was paid out of PayPal credit I had from selling something, and the rest was from my CC. When PayPal failed to protect me, I was still able to dispute the charge with my CC and get most of my money back. Good luck doing that with your linked bank account.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Mimi 1883  Oops, so sorry.  I forgot to add her name to the post.

thanks for letting me know.

You’re welcome. Not a problem. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I use PayPal for items that are shipped from overseas (usually the UK). My bankcard is a NIGHTMARE to use and the hoops you have to jump through to make a purchase if outside the US simply isn't worth it. The card is attached to an account I keep very little money in ($5 or so) until I'm about to make a purchase and then I transfer the funds in. Haven't had a problem yet using it this way no matter the amount.

Super Contributor

Again, I appreciate ALL of your feedback on this thread

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

I had one of the worst customer service experiences of my life with PayPal. One good reason to make PP purchases via a linked credit card is that your credit card will protect you when PayPal won't. I paid for a product via PayPal that I never received, and part of the purchase was paid out of PayPal credit I had from selling something, and the rest was from my CC. When PayPal failed to protect me, I was still able to dispute the charge with my CC and get most of my money back. Good luck doing that with your linked bank account.

@WenGirl42

???    You didn't mention where the purchase was made. 

If it was on Ebay, and you didn't get an item, it was Ebay's job to make things right .... not Paypal's.   EBAY has the Buyer Protection Plan, not PP.

If you didn't have Ebay sort out the transaction with the seller, I can see why PP was reluctant to adjust the financial transaction.   

Honored Contributor

No problem for over 10 years.  One credit card listed only and no access to any of my bank acct.s. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

No problem with anything.  Important sites I use all require a two-step verification.  I get a text with a unique code to complete sign ins.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver  Yes, I do.  I use it for ebay, zulily, and many more companies as it is more widely offered.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have had PayPal since they started and have never had any trouble.  The few issues I have ever had were with a ebay purchase and PayPal resolved the problem.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@WenGirl42

???    You didn't mention where the purchase was made. 

If it was on Ebay, and you didn't get an item, it was Ebay's job to make things right .... not Paypal's.   EBAY has the Buyer Protection Plan, not PP.

If you didn't have Ebay sort out the transaction with the seller, I can see why PP was reluctant to adjust the financial transaction.   

I'm pretty sure Ebay wouldn't have cared, since they weren't involved in the transaction at all Woman LOL

I purchased from a vendor's site directly, through their PayPal link.  I attempted to resolve it with the vendor, and when I got nowhere, I attempted to resolve it with PayPal.  Lesson learned.  PayPal may claim to have buyer protection, but it's more limited than my CC offers.  I won't make that mistake again.  Fortunately, my PP credit was small and the bulk of my purchase price had been through the CC, so the damage was minimal.