Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you trust PayPal with your bank acct. information

@Carmie wrote:

@sol_luna wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

Do NOT give them your banking information!  

Or your CC info. When I was buying on ebay, someone tried to get a CC, using my name. Had to pay for credit monitoring. I don't trust them and would NEVER again use paypal.

I am confused.  How would buying something on e-bay cause someone to try to get a CC in your name?

When you purchase something from someone and pay through PayPal, PayPal transfers the money from your account to the sellers account.

The seller never sees your account or CC information. They just have your name and address to send you your goods.  That information is supplied by e-bay.   All they see is a payment in their account and the buyers name.

What am I missing here?  I have been a buyer and a seller on e-bay and have never had a problem.  They even handled a dispute I had with a seller who sent me counterfeit goods.  E-bay contacted the seller for me after she ignored me, and got PayPal to refund my money.  

@Carmie Sorry, Carmie, but you’ll have to ask @sol_luna for that answer as it was her post.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Super Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sol_luna wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

Or your CC info. When I was buying on ebay, someone tried to get a CC, using my name. Had to pay for credit monitoring. I don't trust them and would NEVER again use paypal.

I am confused.  How would buying something on e-bay cause someone to try to get a CC in your name?

When you purchase something from someone and pay through PayPal, PayPal transfers the money from your account to the sellers account.

The seller never sees your account or CC information. They just have your name and address to send you your goods.  That information is supplied by e-bay.   All they see is a payment in their account and the buyers name.

What am I missing here?  I have been a buyer and a seller on e-bay and have never had a problem.  They even handled a dispute I had with a seller who sent me counterfeit goods.  E-bay contacted the seller for me after she ignored me, and got PayPal to refund my money.  

Whether you believe it or not, it happened to me. Enough said.

Honored Contributor

@sol_luna  I didn’t say I didn’t believe you.  I just am confused to how that happened and how you know it was PayPal who breached your account.

I use PayPal often and don’t want that  to happen to me. ( or anyone else for that matter) I am just trying to figure how how that happened and asked you to clarify for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883  Oops, so sorry.  I forgot to add her name to the post.

thanks for letting me know.

Frequent Contributor

We use PayPal for our business and at times have large amounts of money deposited. I feel very secure with them. The few times I have had a minor problem I can easily get customer service on the phone and the problem is resolved immediately.
Honored Contributor

I've never once had an issue with paypal having my bank account number and yes I've had cash transferred from it multiple times. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Yes, I've had no issues for over a decade.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do.  Have never had a problem.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@sol_luna wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Carmie     @sol_luna

You aren't missing anything here. 

Given the facts, I don't see how Paypal could have caused the breach.   

@Just because @sol_luna was "buying on Ebay" doesn't really mean anything.   Someone could have gotten her personal information from probably a dozen  other sources.   

It would be nice if she explained WHY she thought it was Paypal that caused her problem.    

Respected Contributor

NO!!!!  I've given bank account information for withdrawals/deposits to only the federal and state taxing authorities and Anthem.