Honored Contributor

Re: Do you treat yourself to something for your birthday?

@CLHS68 wrote:

Yes I do if I didn't I would get nothing. I have never had a party was always told Birthday's are just another day.

Well, whoever said that was wrong! Every day is special & birthdays more so.

Honored Contributor

Yes I do, especially as I've gotten older. As others have said, for many years if I didn't, I wouldn't have gotten anything, or more than small token somethings.  The majority of my life, my only celebration of any kind was from co-workers, not family or friends. I have had two birthday parties in my life - one as a 6-year old and one as a 20-year-old; that's it.

This year I guess I'd have to say my present to me is the TV I ordered on the weekend. I've requested a Blu-Ray player as my present, but I requested one at Xmas and didn't get it, so...? Will probably have to buy my own.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

You mean my Birthday Month??

Oh yes.  LOL.... doesn't have to be much, but yes, yes I do...  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Generally not, but there is nothing wrong with treating yourself.

Respected Contributor

I turned 70 this year ... yikes.... we have a small local grocery store that

makes the best chocolate cake I have ever had....so I ordered one ...

extra roses .. as the kids were going to be here and I was not fighting

the kids for a rose...with ice cream of course ......!!

O.M. G.   it was heaven !!!! 

Respected Contributor

I also used to send my Mom flowers on my birthday...right after my Mom and Dad died, I turned 50...Feeling sorry for myself, I bought myself a really expensive watch that Birthday..a Piaget..an 18k Piaget...Since then, ( 9 years) I have often treated myself at my birthday....Just like my Mom and Dad would have done.......well, sort of...LOL

Respected Contributor

An 18K Piaget ... I just might give up that cake for that .. .good for you .....!!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I also used to send my Mom flowers on my birthday...right after my Mom and Dad died, I turned 50...Feeling sorry for myself, I bought myself a really expensive watch that Birthday..a Piaget..an 18k Piaget...Since then, ( 9 years) I have often treated myself at my birthday....Just like my Mom and Dad would have done.......well, sort of...LOL

That's quite a touching story. My Dad passed away 4 yrs. ago. We were very close. I'm going to visit and stay w/ Mom for a week this Sunday. It's her 89th birthday!!

Honored Contributor

We were married on my birthday, so YES!  That way I know I'll have something I really want.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Always.  Even if it's just a candy bar I ate in quiet solitude, it's something I did just for me.    Life is way too short not to enjoy every minute you can.