Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you treat yourself to something for your birthday?

Normally I go to a local restaurant for lunch or dinner, which is free if it's your birthday. Not sure about this year, may go elsewhere for a change.

This year I am putting health on the front burner, and will be joining our local hospital fitness center so I have someplace to go for cardio and weight training when my strength classes take a break for summer.

I am also getting a well-rated garlic press and a better knife sharpener, in the interest of eating more fresh vegetables and salads prepared the way I like them. 

Honored Contributor

No. If I want a treat and can afford it I just buy it.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't usually.  My birthday is July 20th.  I had my house resided and the porches painted last month, so I guess that was my birthday present!

Edited to say:  I take that back.  I'm getting a kitten soon!  That can be for my birthday--a nice for the rest of his/her life gift. Cat Happy

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Image result for early happy birthday animated ;pics

Honored Contributor

Sure do.  Usually it's a mani/pedi.  

Honored Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

Hello to all. I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks & have been thinking about treating myself to something special.  We had splurged earlier this year and had our patio screened in and I kind of consider that a big treat for both of us, as we now spend most all of our day out there relaxing, eating, napping and reading. Anyway, I think I am considering patio time my treat this year, along with an order I just placed to "Goat's Milk Stuff" for some more of their wonderful soaps. So, do you treat yourself to something special for your birthday???

I always enjoy a spa day for my b'day...pedi, massage, facial. I've never had a manicure. Making jewelry, I just keep nails very short w/ Perfect Formula. We usually bring in dinner that night. Why put makeup on my newly extra clean face & too relaxed to get dressed up, too.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@beckyb1012 I wish we lived closer to one another, as a 50th birthday is something to celebrate, mine came and went and even though I informed, YES I said informed my family that I wanted it known that it was my 50th birthday, it still came and went with no fanfare barely a bleep on anyone's radar.

So we could celebrate our birthday's together in style and show the world how "Women" party!

Let's Party.gif

Awh. That stinks! Happy Belated Birthday!!!🎂

Respected Contributor

Yes I do if I didn't I would get nothing. I have never had a party was always told Birthday's are just another day.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

No, besides buying a small cake.

What's your favorite? Choc. or vanilla. Get the roses and all the doo dads put on? Hope so. We all deserve the extra frills!! 🎂

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

I always do. It's special to me. There have been years where that was the only gift I received.

It's important to appreciate yourself and all that you do and go through. Happiness are just moments that unfortunately get interrupted by hard times. For me it's important to recognize I've made it one more year. Life can be so hard. 

My husband thinks it's odd and can be judgmental about it but honestly I don't care. I had a life and a way of being before him. We shouldn't be expected to give up on the first ever relationship one has; with ourselves. 

Bravo!