Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think your life would be different if you...

If I lived in a warmer climate year around, I would probably be a little less fluffy, as I tend to eat healthier or cooler foods in the summer. Of course, I wouldn't want to live in air conditioning either (or with lots of bugs!).

I wouldn't mind living in a a more moderate climate, as our winters can be a bit extreme. I think the mountains would be lovely and I would probably hike a lot but again I may have to deal with some harsher elements. 

Overall, I really do like the city the I live in but just wish the winters were a bit milder. I am fairly adaptable and think I could live most places.

Honored Contributor

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.  We rarely have cloudy days in New Mexico and it never rains all day (we wish), so dreary weather is a rare treat here.  I lived for years in the Houston area and found the lack of four seasons depressing.  I'm much happier when I have autumn leaves, a little snow, and spring blossoms.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

When you live in Texas, you never think about living anywhere else.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I wish I lived somewhere warm all year round, I love to garden and grow my own food and the growing season is so short where I live. I think the sun has a lot to do with mood and general sense of well being.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the change of seasons here in PA. Of course i am sick of snow as I am older now and cant go out and shovel and sled like I did with my kids (due to my bad back). The only thing is I sometimes wish I lived at the beach in the Summer (like how I visited it weekly in the Summer when I was younger). But not year round.

And I have zero interest in going to live in Florida like some do. Way too humid for me and I cant imagine spending Christmas in the warmth of Florida!. PS) My son in law went to Florida for some work this Winter. He was going to take another job there. He hated it and told my daughter forget it, hes not moving down there (which made me happy b/c Im as of now only an hour away from my grandkids!).lol.

So no I don't think my life would be different if I lived in another climate. Wherever my family is, I am happy!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Most of my family is in Michigan and the snow bird idea really appeals to me! What I hate about winter is constantly having to monitor the weather reports ( and they are often off a bit) and worry about all of my loved ones driving on bad roads. I have only been in a few car accidents in my life (none serious, fortunately) and they have always been on bad roads. And lets not even talk about black ice!

Lots of worry.

However, the other three seasons can be beautiful but we have many cloudy days too.I miss the sun.

Respected Contributor

I have heard and cannot verify it...if anyone knows please speak up, that being near the ocean makes people calmer or more peaceful. The air is different or something. Anyone know?

I know that walking on a beach is one of my favorite things to do.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I have heard and cannot verify it...if anyone knows please speak up, that being near the ocean makes people calmer or more peaceful. The air is different or something. Anyone know?

I know that walking on a beach is one of my favorite things to do.

@wonderfulworld

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that.  I can say I have lived most of my life near the ocean, and when I didn't I longed to be back near it.  I find it calming, especially being close to the waves, watching them and smelling the salt sea air.

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld

It seems you are correct Smiley Happy  I'm seeing studies on that online, it's called "Blue Mind" and can happen with other bodies of water like a lake.

Why Being Near The Ocean Can Make You Calmer And More Creative

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2016/02/25/mental-benefits-water_n_5791024.html

Honored Contributor