Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think there's less Type A personalities?

It could sometimes depend on who the Type A is living with (and vice versa).  It just might be un-nerving for me to live with a strongType A, although I've seen/known a few Type A wives who have been married to very happy laid-back, slow moving husbands.  They seem very happy, especially the husband.  Wife running/rushing around, doing everything.  Happy husband enjoying reading the paper, watching TV.  There is a balance there, it seems. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

It appears to me that some meanings might have different perceptions. Being "Type A" does not mean having OCD, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. People with OCD have a true disorder and have true challenges with that. "Type A" does not imply unhappiness either, not at all. There are professions that I personally would look for the qualities attached to "Type A": doctors, lawyers, architects, quantitative analysts, scientists, chemists, software engineers, to name a few. Innate motivation has led to many significant discoveries. I want people in some professions to leave no stone unturned. I gain great satisfaction when I complete something that meets or exceeds my expectations. Family members and I enjoy being busy and love learning. Young people who work hard at their studies and strive to do their best, achieve. There are important qualities attached to "Type B" as well, and to any other "Types." There are many complex facets to personality, and I don't believe they can be simplified.

Super Contributor

No I don't think there are more OR less of them. I'm not into the thinking that the "younger generation" is that much different.  Jmo but I think the type a, b etc. is sort of psychobabble anyway.