Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you think there is an actress that everyone loves?

On 6/5/2014 DREAMON said:

Betty White seems like a very nice person but I never thought she was a good actress. I like Meryl Streep as an actress but my husband doesn't care for her at all...so it's all a matter of opinion.

I do not think BW is a good actress either. When she was on MTM, her characters was pretty unlikeable so I guess that's the sign of a good actress.

Honored Contributor

I can't think of a particular actress, but I do know I loved two actors. An old one, Gregory Peck, and another old, but not as old (and not as refined) as Peck . . . Marlon Brando, who lived a messy life, but we'll never see that kind of acting again. I was totally enamored with him in my teens. Paul Newman was another favorite.

All are gone now, obviously, and I can't think of anyone current.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

On 6/1/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:

If so who do you think it is.......I just wonder if there is someone the everyone loves and has never talked bad about? Doris Day comes to my mind.

No

Honored Contributor

Harrison Ford? He became a latter day Gary Cooper, who was himself a very popular actor.