Super Contributor

Re: Do you think there is an actress that everyone loves?

I don't like Katherine Hepburn or Betty White (or babies, as gardenman said, although "hate" is too strong for any of them).

I would have picked Sandra Bullock or Audrey Hepburn, but someone somewhere is bound not to like them. I haven't heard of some mentioned in this thread (eg Bebe Neuwirth).

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 6/2/2014 ------ said:

I don't ""love"" many of the actresses mentioned. So my answer will be no.

Same here.

Ditto

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 gardenman said:

In reality, there's nothing that's universally loved. Pick the most popular thing you can think of (maybe Oreos?) and you'll find people who despise it. There is nothing and no one that's universally loved. There are people who hate babies for God's sake, so finding something that's universally loved by humans is impossible. Even things like freedom are often willingly surrendered by some. There's just nothing that's universally loved and treasured by all humans.

interesting...

what freedoms are "willingly surrendered by some"?

I do agree there is probably no universally admired actor. Personal taste is a very subjective thing.

Respected Contributor

No, I don't think there's any one actress that everyone loves. Get real

Respected Contributor

Some of the ladies mentioned in this thread are no longer relevant in today's celeb world....if they were then it's hard to say what the media along with women in general would say/do.....seriously....there are some women would rip Mother Theresa to shreds.....and there seems to be no escaping vicious attacks on hair, makeup, clothes, weight, aging, etc.

Super Contributor

No, I don't think any one human being "everyone" loves.... So that also applies to actresses.

Respected Contributor

How about that lady from the Mickey Mouse club that did beach movies--my mom and grandma loved her but I can't think of her name

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Ladybug724 said:

How about that lady from the Mickey Mouse club that did beach movies--my mom and grandma loved her but I can't think of her name

Annette Funicello?

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Ladybug724 said:

Annette Funicello?

Respected Contributor

Are you talking her work, personal appeal, lifestyle or political views? I would answer NO to all the above.