Super Contributor

Do you think the internet needs an intervention? **(closed for commenting)**

Do you think the fed. government needs to intervene in the internet in the name of "fairness"? Why or why not?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you think the internet needs an intervention?

Absolutely not! The government should have no role whatsoever in regulating speech and expression. Period.
Honored Contributor

I may not be understanding the question, but if this is related to the FCC getting after ISPs to make sure consumers are getting the speeds they pay for, then yeah.

I'm tired of paying for substandard ISP performance.

If this question is not related to what I just wrote, well then, excuse me for rambling.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 Goldengate8361 said: Absolutely not! The government should have no role whatsoever in regulating speech and expression. Period.

Agreed. Pretty simple to me.

Respected Contributor

If this is a thinly disguised swipe at net neutrality then I say yes. Much like the interstates which are open to anyone from a Corolla to a Mercedes, the internet should be available to anyone.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 traveler said:

If this is a thinly disguised swipe at net neutrality then I say yes. Much like the interstates which are open to anyone from a Corolla to a Mercedes, the internet should be available to anyone.

Who can't use the internet?

Super Contributor

Yes, the government needs to guarantee net neutrality and ensure that favoritism isn't given to some of the high rollers in business at the expense of the common user.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 RainCityGirl said:

Yes, the government needs to guarantee net neutrality and ensure that favoritism isn't given to some of the high rollers in business at the expense of the common user.

Can you give me an example?

Valued Contributor

If this is about net neutrality then no, I just adore being held hostage by big business, having everything from searches, posts, articles, VOIP calls, and anything done digitally captured and analyzed to provide data to third party marketers and aggregators.

After all, if I go to one of those marketing sites my access speed to those sites will increase over access speed to a competitors site. What's not to like.

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2015 Marp2 said:

If this is about net neutrality then no, I just adore being held hostage by big business, having everything from searches, posts, articles, VOIP calls, and anything done digitally captured and analyzed to provide data to third party marketers and aggregators.

After all, if I go to one of those marketing sites my access speed to those sites will increase over access speed to a competitors site. What's not to like.

You're being sarcastic......right?