Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think that the word "love" is being said too often

The greatest thing you will ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@dex wrote:

@CLHS68 I am sorry that yo are lonely,but we are always here to cheer you up and we care about each other...some of us have gotten to know each other quite well over the years and I can honestly say that I feel a bond with many.

@dex

I don't feel that I know you well, but I just wanted to say that it seems every time I read one of your posts I think, "what a lovely person @dex is".

You always come across to me as so accepting of others, and always interested in understanding how they feel and think.  I think those qualities are kind of rare.

@QueenDanceALot,  I had just signed in to say something similar to @dex, but you said it far more eloquently than I could.   You're a unique and rare gem, @dex.❤️   I appreciate you.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Again sorry this whole post was misunderstood or I didn't express my meaning well enough.    Some of you are making it sound as if I have no love for anyone.... you'd be wrong.      As I said earlier I certainly don't wish anyone ill but I honestly can say that I love people I have never met.   I'm done now with this conversation and you can all think of me what you wish.    I still wish you all the best..

Honored Contributor

No one is disputing that love is a good thing but saying it doesn't make it so. If you substitute love you for good bye,  it's meaningless. If you say it to everyone you like, what do say to the person or people you truly love?

I don't love everyone I know. I don't love all my friends. I truly love only a few people. I don't want to be loved indiscriminately. I don't want my neighbor, my co-worker, mailman...to love me.  I don't care for cheap love anymore than I care for casual sx. 

Respected Contributor

I think when a word is overused it loses its meaning.  There are different kinds of love and I guess there should be words to differenciate between love of a pair of shoes vs love of a husband vs love of a child etc etc.....It is the same word but surely not the same meaning.   

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I think when a word is overused it loses its meaning.  There are different kinds of love and I guess there should be words to differenciate between love of a pair of shoes vs love of a husband vs love of a child etc etc.....It is the same word but surely not the same meaning.   

I think it should be evident to everyone that loving a pair of shoes isn't the same as loving a human being.

I find it odd that anyone would find that at all confusing.

Valued Contributor

no way! say it MORE!! Life is so short and the word 'love' is a great way to show how you care about someone! let's spread more joy and happiness, and if you can do it with one word - go for it!

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@dex wrote:

@CLHS68 I am sorry that yo are lonely,but we are always here to cheer you up and we care about each other...some of us have gotten to know each other quite well over the years and I can honestly say that I feel a bond with many.

@dex

I don't feel that I know you well, but I just wanted to say that it seems every time I read one of your posts I think, "what a lovely person @dex is".

You always come across to me as so accepting of others, and always interested in understanding how they feel and think.  I think those qualities are kind of rare.

@QueenDanceALot,  I had just signed in to say something similar to @dex, but you said it far more eloquently than I could.   You're a unique and rare gem, @dex.❤️   I appreciate you.

Ok you guys just made my day.I am feeling really great now so thanks so so so much.