Super Contributor

Do you think it's okay to take a dose of Pepto Bismol even if it expired 5 years ago?

I ate too much and now I have a stomach ache. I always get relief from drinking a capful of the pink stuff. Only this bottle I'm holding has an expiration date of "2009". Oh well, here goes......

Super Contributor

Re: Do you think it's okay to take a dose of Pepto Bismol even if it expired 5 years ago?

I wouldn't! I'd take baking soda...but, that's just me.

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you think it's okay to take a dose of Pepto Bismol even if it expired 5 years ago?

I would not, is this a real question? send hubby to the store.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Lucy.....I wouldn't do it. In fact I made my husband run up to the corner grocery store late one night to buy me a new bottle. Something about ingesting old pink liquid....I just couldn't do it. Lucy.....call a pharmacist at one of the grocery stores and ask.

Honored Contributor

Please don't, I wouldn't think it would still be effective. Feel better.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

Just go buy a new bottle. It isn't that expensive. Why play Russian-Roulette with your health by using a bottle that expired FIVE years ago? It just isn't worth it.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Respected Contributor

I think PB that old would be pretty funky?

Regular Contributor

Does shake up to look right? That is kinda old. If no other option, doubt it will kill ya.

Honored Contributor

Usually things like this separate when they're too old. If it looked like there was a thick layer on the bottom, and a thin runny layer on top, I wouldn't use it.

I cleaned out my mom's bathrooms last year, and tossed many such things!

Esteemed Contributor

I think you would really need Pepto Bismol after taking that. When you get the new bottle, keep it refrigerated. It's much more palatable when it's cold.

Hope you get to feeing better. Smile