Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you think Justify will win the Triple Crown?

WOOT!!!   That was an incredible race.  So happy for 52 year old Mike Smith.  Grateful the race was safe, too.

Honored Contributor

Justify

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Gronk screwing up my bets but I'm so happy for Mike Smith. No one is more deserving. Here's hoping they go to Saratoga.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Justify

That horse is gorgeous.  What a winner!!!!  Not a bad trainer and jockey too.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@cerb wrote:

American Pharoah won the Triple Crown in 2015.  A few hours after he won, we had a baby goat born and we named her American Cleopatra, "Cleo" for short.

I'm rooting for Justify mainly because I'm a huge fan of Mike Smith.  I'd love to see him win a Triple Crown.  Imagine being a top athlete in your 50s.

Edited to add - one of the nice things American Pharoah's connections did was bring him to Santa Anita (in So Cal) and parade him around for the public to see.  My DD were there and took many photos.  It was fun.

for some reason I thought it was much longer than 3 years since  a triple crown,   

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Justify

a beauty

Respected Contributor

@NataliesgrammaHe WON!  Triple Crown Winner!  AND He came away SPOTLESS!  Loved that! 

Special mention to Gronkowski who started so far back he wasn't even in some of the camera frames.

Respected Contributor

I know for a fact that Justify won .......LOL.......I WAS RIGHT THERE and it was awesome !!

Trusted Contributor

@Danky - how exciting for you to have been there!  A memory for a lifetime.  Since we live in So Cal, we have never been able to attend any of the Triple Crown races.  We have, however, been to a couple of Breeder's Cup days when they're held here.  Our favorite moment ever was being able to see Mike Smith on board Zenyatta when she won the Classic.  Zenny was a superstar!

Respected Contributor

@cerb wrote:

@Danky - how exciting for you to have been there!  A memory for a lifetime.  Since we live in So Cal, we have never been able to attend any of the Triple Crown races.  We have, however, been to a couple of Breeder's Cup days when they're held here.  Our favorite moment ever was being able to see Mike Smith on board Zenyatta when she won the Classic.  Zenny was a superstar!

@cerb--------I live in NJ but knew, some time ago, that I would be attending an event in Manhattan on Friday night. So I simply stayed overnight in NYC and went out to Belmont Park on Saturday.......it's only about 20 miles..Thanks to friends with connections, the drive was very comfortable and the viewing was excellent.

I have been a fan since my Grandparents took me to my first Kentucky Derby a million years ago....I have never been to the Preakness.