Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think Justify will win the Triple Crown?

It’s a long race. The distance is always a factor.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember whether it was online or on TV, but ever since I saw photos of the two dead horses in May after a race, I cannot watch any horse race anymore.  They just collapsed and died.

Actually, hundreds of beautiful race horses die each year, and some jockeys do also.  It is not a benign "sport," it is a gambling event.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I am not going to bet on it.  The other races were shorter and for the mudders, so this long race and hopefully no mud?  Not gonna bet on it!  A lot depends on how he breaks and the skill of the jock! 

Honored Contributor

I think he will win it all.  So far, so good.  A beautiful horse.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I'm really hoping for Mike Smith to get his Triple Crown. I'm just playing exactas to cover my bases.

I've spent enough years in the stands at Belmont hoping to see a Triple Crown win to know how fast that hope can be over. But I'm not there this year so that puts Justify's chances way way up there!

Valued Contributor

I’m not sure Justify can hang on considering the distance.  I hope he wins, though.  Those horses are just the most beautiful creatures!  I’m watching the Belmont coverage and I just told my fat cat, that is currently snoozing in my lap, that he ought to go race with those horses!  Yes, I know...got to get a life....

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Respected Contributor

I love to see a Triple Crown and he is beautiful.   

But, I'm pretty opposed to horse racing.  I know they are bred for it and all of that but I just don't like everything that goes into it.   

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

no idea but life will be easy for him afterwards

and that will be something fun on the news 

he's beautiful I g

@jackthebear Justify's future of comfortable luxury as a multimillion dollar stud was set after winning the Kentucky Derby.

I guess that's true

but maybe more comfy after the triple??

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do! Yay.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I do!

He did!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~