Respected Contributor

A few weeks ago I did a 14 day cruise to Hawaii.  In October I have a 15 day Panama Canal cruise to look forward to.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm planning a trip to the beach this November.  It's less heat & humidity, less people & traffic & rooms rates are cheaper as well.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I would LOVE to take vacations. 

We took a brief vacation at the beginning of the month and had to come home early. I don’t think it’s in the cards for us to take one unfortunately and that makes me sad but it’s the reality of the situation so we deal with it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Of course, always have, always will.  Off to NYC next week; St. Louis for a long weekend in July; 14 day Alaska cruise in September.  Already planning for 2020 although I admit I've had enough international travel and will be staying closer to home from now on.

Honored Contributor

No we dont go on any vacations. Have not been on one since I was a kid living at home with my family!  

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

We may go somewhere this fall. Maybe a few nights somewhere before then.

We have 3 dogs, that is what I hate about going on vaca. We always put them at the vets in the kennel and I know they are well taken care of, but they hate it.

We haven't gone anywhere in a few years, so I'm thinking it would be nice.

Respected Contributor

Not anymore.  I never took vacations until I married my second husband at age 41.  For many years we would get together with his brother and SIL and travel.  Hawaii, Aruba, and beaches in Carolinas.  That ended about 5 years ago when DH's knees started bothering him.  Walking and doing steps give him problems.  So we stay home.

Honored Contributor

No.... I have pets and will never leave them.  Have not left the area in over 20 years.  I actually hate travel and even more so now with all the crime and terrorism going on.  I like to stay home safe. That is just me.

Honored Contributor

Yes. We go on vacations and shorter getaways all the time. Haven’t flown in awhile because I don’t have the patience anymore. Hoping to get it back. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take vacations?

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Yes. We go on vacations and shorter getaways all the time. Haven’t flown in awhile because I don’t have the patience anymore. Hoping to get it back. 

@proudlyfromNJ , us too.. two major vacations a year with minis in between plus we spend 6-7 week-ends in Knoxville when it's football.. minis can be the best..  oh we added one, Polar Express in December in Bryson City NC... kinda hokey but we have such a good time.. Great Smoky Mountains Railroad..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee