Esteemed Contributor

I wish, i haven't been on a vacation in 20 years. (Due to my spine issues and traveling in pain by plane or car).I thought about taking a bus to the beach for the day (3 hours away) after I get injections in my spine every so often But I havent.  I did really go every where I wanted to travel before that though, except for Italy! Oh well, wont get there anymore. Enjoy your vacations.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

When we can afford it we definitely take one. Even if it’s just a long weekend. We need it! Going on a Tauck tour in September down south. I love this tour group. Wherever you, what ever you do enjoy it! ❤️

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take vacations?

[ Edited ]

We usually don't go anywhere in the summer except for a weekly afternoon visit to the beach (I'm an hour away from the Jersey shore).  It's too hot & crowded for me to travel.  I like to go in September once kids are back in school but no big plans this year....hopefully next year we'll go somewhere.....maybe the balloon festival in NM...I'll have to look into it.

Last September we took an extended family (adult kids & cousins) on a trip to Ireland.  I also go to Florida every March (mom lives there) and visit different beaches or amusement parks.

Honored Contributor

We have taken vacations since for all of our married life, after Mom passed away and Dad was alive it was a bit difficult, so we would sneak in a night here and there, dad passed away a year ago December. 

Since then we have been able to vacation with out guilt.

Last year was our 25th anniversary and we spent a lovely quiet week on Marthas Vineyard and a few nights in Bethany Beach, DE

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I've been in my career for 35 years, and in my current job for the last 11 years.  It's this current job that carries the most stress and hours.  Without even really thinking about it, I stopped taking vacations this past decade.  Last summer was my first real vacation in 10 years. I went on a cruise (Belize, Honduras, Mexico) and had a marvelous time!

Instead of vacations during that time, I take stress breaks.  Three or four-day weekends to visit family.  I live outside of DC, so it's a hop-skip to visit family north to NYC, and south to VA Beach.  I do that several times a year, and it's always wonderful. 

Next summer though, I'm taking my 2nd vacation!  Another cruise Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Since moving here we usually go north at least once to visit family and friends. Many of them do not or cannot travel. We are thinking of one in early August this year. 

Honored Contributor

In the fall, we're going for just a few days north of here, to catch the fall follage colors. So beautiful. Kind of kicks off the season

Honored Contributor

We’re going to Hilton Head in July and Tucson for our anniversary in September 

Honored Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

Yes, and this year 14 of us are going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to celebrate my sister's 50th wedding anniversary.  I think it will be hectic but a lot of fun.  My husband and I also enjoy lots of weekend trips to places like Atlantic City.  I enjoy those because there is very little stress getting ready for them.  My husband goes on a fishing trip to some remote area each year....so that's a vacation for me staying home and not having to pick up after him!

I love this thread...LOL   Myrtle Beach is # 3 on our Fall vacation list.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, its just me and hubby now, daughters are grown with their own families, so we try to get away each summer, even if it is just a couple of long weekends!

This Summer we are planning ot go to either Louisville or Nashville(Driving trip)....

When our girls were little, we had a nice trip every summer for a week, usually Disney, or Boston, California,etc......