Super Contributor

Is your family going anywhere this year?

Honored Contributor

on one right now LOL Husband and I are in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Arrived Tues. leaving Fri. nice to get away for 4 days and not a long drive.

Hubbo doesn't go back to work till Tues.  (ugh) LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I do a trip early fall to visit friends and family. Otherwise I feel like my life is pretty much a vacation. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

You better believe I take vacations.  I take  spring vacation and a late summer or fall vacation.  It's just hubby and me now and we believe that getting away somewhere and resting and relaxing is as important to our health as eating well and expersizing.  Even when we had children and money was short,  we still saved and took the kids somewhere for a week in the summer.  For fun but also to create memories.  We haven't decided where we are going but it will be in October.  Hilton Head is at the top of the list.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

New Mexico!  That's #2 on our list for our fall vacation.  

Honored Contributor

watch out for the drivers over here ! They'll run over you  LOL They need to

see we're not locals and cut us a break.  Yikes !

Super Contributor

Oooooo isn't Fall in NM when they have their hot air balloon event?!! Could be pretty exciting.

Super Contributor

Re: Do you take vacations?

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Yum, I could go for some great authentic  food about now....and maybe some turquoise earrings.

Honored Contributor

We have never lived near our families, so most of our "vacations" were going to visit them. However, I always insisted on a week at the beach, and we've been doing that forever. We try to go a few times a year. It's harder now with everyone's work schedules - for years it was the school schedules - but DH, DS, and I will be there later this summer. DD is coming for part of the time, probably with friends in tow! 

DH and I started taking a mini - getaway in the fall, just the two of us, a few years ago. I always look forward to that! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Yes, and this year 14 of us are going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina to celebrate my sister's 50th wedding anniversary.  I think it will be hectic but a lot of fun.  My husband and I also enjoy lots of weekend trips to places like Atlantic City.  I enjoy those because there is very little stress getting ready for them.  My husband goes on a fishing trip to some remote area each year....so that's a vacation for me staying home and not having to pick up after him!