Honored Contributor

Re: Do you take afternoon Naps

@I am still oxox

Your naps are just another tool in your Regain Health Toolbox.

You need them.

They’re charging up your batteries.

😴=🔋🔋💐

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not if I can help it.  I'm probably the odd man out, but naps usually make me feel worse and give me headaches.  It also interferes with my ability to sleep at night. However, there are those moments that I become over tired and can’t help it.  I usually regret it though. 

Honored Contributor

I've never been a napper.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I find that some days I just can not get thru the day with out closing my eyes for at least 20 minutes.

I am feeling really worn out from my first IVIG infusion and I think I took 3 naps yesterday, lets hope I get used to the treatments

@I am still oxox......Did not know you were getting infusions.  Good luck with that....really, I mean that.

Right now I'm not getting any treatments, but was on them for almost 3 1/2 years.  And have had radiation treatments too.  Started out with 6 treatments of Urvoy, then followed up after that with OPDIVO.  Both were pretty tough to take.  Took a treatment every other week. I'm not in remission, and have stage 4.....  Right now we're playing it by ear..... 

Yes, getting very tired is a part of that.  Rest when you can, and be careful about not being around any one that has a cold or the flu.  Hope you got your flu shot....that is so important.

Got up at 7:00 this morning.....and around 11:30 I must have dozed off......  Doesn't take much for me to fall asleep just sitting here.  Can do that several times a day.  I'm not taking any pain pills, but do take Tylenol ES a couple times a day.  

Eat well, and drink lots of fluids.....and get some Boost.  I prefer the chocolate......

Take care and will put you on my daily prayer list.   

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe

Heart Thank you I have drank enough to float a battleship, I wake up  every two hours to use the rest room during the night

I am getting IV gamma globulin infusions, my body does not make it and I have a very low resistance to infection. Over the past 10 years I have had both pneumonia shots twice and did not develop the necessary antibodies. Right now this is all very new to me

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I do ... almost every afternoon.

I have a lot of naps saved up that I didn't use when I was a little kid.  I think I have enough to last me several more years.  Smiley Wink 

Trusted Contributor

I have a brother who is 6-2, and  a thousand pounds.  "Nap" was invented for him.  He's always napping. 

Respected Contributor

Ever since I had many health issues,7 hospitalizations and 4 surgeries 1/12 years ago I take occasional naps that can last 15 minutes to 1 hour. If you feel tired and can nap, you should.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ShowMe

Heart Thank you I have drank enough to float a battleship, I wake up  every two hours to use the rest room during the night

I am getting IV gamma globulin infusions, my body does not make it and I have a very low resistance to infection. Over the past 10 years I have had both pneumonia shots twice and did not develop the necessary antibodies. Right now this is all very new to me

I too battle trips during the night to the potty.  But, I try not to drink anything after 7:00.....and sometimes that doesn't work either.  Heck, I've caught my self falling asleep on the potty.....lucky I didn't fall off.  

How often do you get a treatment?  Unfortunately, I don't know much about your situation.  Will do some googling to read up on it.  

Each treatment I took took only 1 hour, and by the time I was ready to leave, I was already dreading having to drive home....and once in the apartment I would collapse and get some rest.  There have been nights when I just can't sit up past 9:00.....  I drove myself to and from for each treatment.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get up fairly early and usually don't go sleep at night until about 11:00. I find that I need a quiet 30 minutes or so in the afternoons to close my eyes and doze. I often just totally relax and "float" instead of sleep.

The chemo drugs I take do make me more susceptible to fatigue. I've learned my secret is MORE activity early in the day. Lots of it. I go to the gym. I do housework and laundry. Keep moving until my quiet time in the late afternoon. I shower and change into comfy clothes.  

It sounds counterproductive , but try to get moving. I feel much worse if I sit all day.