Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still read a newspaper?

I was going to say I've never read a newspaper but then I remembered I would get the Sunday paper for the want ads to find a job.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I really think about getting one every now and then, but decided that if I can't hardly bear to watch the news today, why bother with the newspaper?  

Sounds like one of those "insanity" things.  Like I want to get a newspaper for better/good news, only it won't be, so I guess it's more like "Twilight Zone".  yup.

@qualitygal wrote:

I really think about getting one every now and then, but decided that if I can't hardly bear to watch the news today, why bother with the newspaper?  

Sounds like one of those "insanity" things.  Like I want to get a newspaper for better/good news, only it won't be, so I guess it's more like "Twilight Zone".  yup.

I stopped getting the paper a few years ago when it kept getting thinner and thinner and not my political persuasion! 

However, there is nothing, and I mean nothing like the tactile feeling of a newspaper in your hands! 

I really do miss a newspaper~~~Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I still subscribe to the Sunday newspaper.  Sunday isn't Sunday without it even though I subscribe to the same newspaper and NY Times online.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

I read our local paper everyday.  Seems like it gets smaller and smaller.  I to,D DH he could cancel any time.  LM

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart  Last newspaper I read said that Dewey beat Truman.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Up here I don't read the newspaper..all it has is school sports or Mrs. Brown's cow got out and stood in the middle of the(dirt) road for an hour.

I do read the papers from the "old" neighborhood online.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the newspaper delivery guy in our neighborhood for five to ten years.  A couple older neighbors would get the paper.  The delivery person would tear around the neighborhood in an older model car, often with a bad muffler, at an ungodly hour.  He was hard to miss if you were up at that hour.

Respected Contributor

I subscribe to my college newspaper, hometown newspaper, and local papers online.  On Sundays, I usually pick up a paper copy as well.

Contributor

Yes everyday do the jumbles and a crossword puzzle find out all the local news and events.

Respected Contributor

I stopped reading newspapers years ago. Get my news online.