Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still own/watch dvd’s?

Yes

I have the complete DVD set of the TV soap Dark Shadows and still enjoy watching them!

I even listen to my cassettes on a walkman or radio,cd, and cassette player.

I am not giving up something I still find pleasure in and besides, the price is right.

Trusted Contributor

Oh yeah, we have hundreds.  I hate having 200 channels with nothing to watch.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I have dvds but never watch them.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@songbird Do you like Doc Martin as well?  That’s one of my favorite older British shows.

@Ketra  Look forward to Dr. Martin.....has the same unique creativity that House had.  We don't watch a lot of TV, but we record Dr. Martin.  (Don't you love the dog that keeps coming back!)

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I don't own any DVDs but I rent them from Netflixs and check them out at the library.  

@DiAnne   Exactly the same for me.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   We have a carousel of 400 DVDs...that you can select to play.  We buy DVDs that interest us.  We just purchased Game of Thrones and are nightly watching the series.

Honored Contributor

In anticipation of having grandkids, I bought several Disney classics but the grandkids didn’t materialize, so I quit.  

I now have the g-kids but they are more interested in the more current children’s programming available on Netflix and other cable channels.

I never wanted to spend the money to buy movies that I’d already seen at the theater.  

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Yes.  I still do.  I have entire seasons of British TV.  I have the Midsomer Murders, Agaetha Christie, Endeavour, Inspector Lewis, etc.  Some movies, but mostly British mysteries.   Some comedy.  I just finished watching Fawlty Towers.  

It all started when I was recovering at home after my car accident.  I couldn't do much but sit around.  My husband hired a maid.  And he did the cooking. And I kind of sat there and read some.  Then my sister bought a DVD series of Piorot.  After that I started ordering more and more of them.  I was off work 6 month, so I watched a lot of them. 

@songbird Do you like Doc Martin as well?  That’s one of my favorite older British shows.

Yeah.  I have that series too.  It's hilarious.  It's an unusual show.  Nothing quite like it. 

Honored Contributor

Yes.  DH bought me the whole Downton Abbey series and I have a lots of childrens dvd's that I put in when there are children at my house.  I put Christmas music dvd's in on the holidays and once in a great while I play other music dvd's.  Most of the time I listen to music on my computer.  

Respected Contributor

No. I probably have a couple of them buried deep in my entertainment unit, but I was never a DVD collector. I rented them from Netflix, but now I just stream whatever I want to watch. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~