Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still own/watch dvd’s?

Yes / Yes.

Trusted Contributor

I use my DVD player every day as I’m a big movie buff.I also have sitcom collections too because I don’t like any of the new stuff hollywood is putting out these days. 

Honored Contributor

I don't own a DVR lol

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Yes.  I still do.  I have entire seasons of British TV.  I have the Midsomer Murders, Agaetha Christie, Endeavour, Inspector Lewis, etc.  Some movies, but mostly British mysteries.   Some comedy.  I just finished watching Fawlty Towers.  

It all started when I was recovering at home after my car accident.  I couldn't do much but sit around.  My husband hired a maid.  And he did the cooking. And I kind of sat there and read some.  Then my sister bought a DVD series of Piorot.  After that I started ordering more and more of them.  I was off work 6 month, so I watched a lot of them. 

@songbird Do you like Doc Martin as well?  That’s one of my favorite older British shows.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I love watching DVD's, my dvd player is built into the side of my TV. Our local library lends out dvd's.

Esteemed Contributor

We still have several DVD players and frequently rent from Redbox.  Also have two large albums of dvds that we watch occasionally plus maybe 20 Disney dvds for use on long car trips for the Grands.  Since the only premium channels we have are Netflix and Prime, sometimes I'll buy used DVD sets of series I want to binge watch ( currently binging on Six feet under and also have boxed set of Sex In The City.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes. Love my movies and British sitcoms like Keeping Up,Are You Being Served,and Doc Martin.Plus sets like Alfred Hitchcock,etc.We have a second home that does not have cable or any stations that come in worth a darn with an antenna that was supposed to be really great.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any DVDs but I rent them from Netflixs and check them out at the library.  

Respected Contributor

Yep.  I just this month got rid of most of my VCR tapes.  I still have a VCR.

Honored Contributor

YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif