Super Contributor

Re: Do you still live in your home state?

Love this thread!  I live now in the same state I was born and raised but right after college lived in various other states.  It took 13 years to return to my home state and happy to do so to be around family especially my parents who are now in their upper 80s.  I do hope within the next ten years to settle more permanently in South Florida.

Honored Contributor

Yes, born and raised as well as my husband!

Honored Contributor

Same state and same city. I can even see from my 10th floor office window the hospital I and my Mom were both born in a couple of miles down from the office.  We both moved out of state for awhile but came home in the end.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

This is an interesting thread for sure.  

I was born and bred in RI , have been here my whole life and don't plan on leaving.

I always tease that I have temporary status in MA as we spend a lot of time on Cape Cod and my kids own homes in MA (right over the line).......Regardless, we are and always will be New Englanders!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the answers.  The original idea was from @Anonymous032819.  Between her original thread and thus one, it's been fun learning about our cyber friends. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

Born in Central NY, moved to Phoenix and stayed for 40+ years. Got so tired of the relentless heat and crowds.. now very happily living in RI!!
Valued Contributor

Yes I do. I was born and raised here. Even though it has many beautiful areas, it wouldn’t have been my first choice of states. All of my extended family are here and I can’t imagine us moving away from them to a different state where none of them are.
Respected Contributor

No!   Was born and lived for 45 years in Texas.   I got out, finally!!!  Not going back.

Lived in PA and now NM + 2 countries in Europe.  I'm staying where I am.  

Respected Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

Hi @MamaWick    Life long Missouri resident here - never wanted to be anywhere else.   

Go Cards, Go Blues, GO CHIEFS !  

(Tell Papa we said hello) Heart

Go Chiefs!!!!!

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

Same state but different city!  We are seriously considering moving out now!   Our children are now all over the country so we have a large choice as to where to go!Woman Wink