Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you still have your high school or college ring?

I still have both my High School Ring and my College Ring.  

My H.S. RIng is Sterling Silver I believe with a Red Stone and my College Ring is 14K with a simulated pink stone with tiny diamonds.  Have not worn it since the 80's/early 90's.  

Glad to have them I suppose, would not buy one again.  My son graduaed HS last year and thought about getting a ring and then decided he would wait and get a college ring, which I told him would make more sense if he plans on wearing the ring.  

Respected Contributor

I bought my HS class ring with earnings from my after-school job at the mall.  It's 10K with a synthetic blue sapphire. 

I also have the very first piece of 14K I ever received.  My uncle found it at the beach on Long Island.  He was sitting on his towel, just sifting sand through his fingers and up popped the ring.  He gave it to me for my 8th B-Day a few months later and thereby created my lifelong love of jewelry.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Yes mine cost $21.00 and it is 10 kt. I would never part with it.

Respected Contributor

I often wonder if it's so no one will now know their age.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ugg, one of my bad decisions. I remember I just HAD TO HAVE my class ring when I graduated from HS. I wore it back in 1972 and maybe for a year into college then I put it away and there it sits. What a waste of money. Sorry dad. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have my high school ring.  I did not buy a college ring.

I wouldn't sell it; it's part of our family history  box.

I am amazed at how students can design their own rings today.  It's nice!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Contributor

Still have my high school ring and still wear my college ring (class of '74)--but then again, I'm a Texas Aggie, and the Aggie ring is considered quite special and a means of connecting one with other Aggies.  Wearing it/seeing it worn by others immediately prompts a conversation start-up--anywhere in the WORLD.   Gig 'Em!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i don't have mine high school ring, but do have my husband high school ring. that was my go steady ring he gave to me 51 yrs ago.