Valued Contributor

Re: Do you still have your high school or college ring?

Never bought a hs or college ring, but I did buy a silver pendant with my college's seal on it. It's in the safe deposit. Never wore it. I'd sell it on ebay if I thought someone would be interested but I kinda doubt it. 

Honored Contributor

I  do still have my HS ring, but the only value I imagine it has would be as a piece of jewelry to wear to my next class reunion!  My 60th is next -  I think I'll put that ring on a chain and wear it the way wre used to wear our steady's rings long .ago

Esteemed Contributor

I have mine, 10k gold.  It's with my other jewely, though i don't think i have worn since my college days.  it is too small, it would be expensive to resize, and i probably wouldn't wear because of the style.  These rings have no monetary value other than the gold, which won't be that high because it's 10k.  Enjoy your ring!

Esteemed Contributor

Took one look at those HS class rings as a Junior and decided I'd never, ever wear one! By the time I was a Senior (second semester), my then boyfriend had proposed and I was wearing my current engagement ring. He was a couple of years older, a student at UNL,  and had enlisted. Long-term engagements can work! We were engaged from January, 1966 until our marriage in March, 1969. I've worn my engagement and wedding rings ever since. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Yes I still have mine.  The only times I have worn them after high school is when I presented my cousin's and my daughter 's class rings to them.  We all went to the same catholic high school.

Esteemed Contributor

I still have my university ring.  The school emblem is very distinctive and easily identifiable.  It is gold.  I paid $50 back in 1976 and when I had it appraised years ago I think it was $450.  Been quite awhile since I have worn it.  It still fits and is a nice looking ring.  We have a strong alumnus . LM

Trusted Contributor

Yes and it still fits. It is gold with a rectangular mother of pearl stone.

Set in the middle, on the top of the stone, is a Dominican crest. It still looks brand new.

I also have my Mom's ring.

Valued Contributor

Darn, I lost mine.  Graduated HS in 1967.   Talking to my peers, so many of us have lost them.  Mine had an opal background. 

Honored Contributor

No, I sold mine years and years ago.  I now kind of wish I hadn't.  At the time, I was selling a bunch of jewelry as I needed money. I never really liked that ring as it was big and ugly and heavy.  We did not have a choice of style or anything.  I remember that students in other years at my school had a choice of style, colors of stones, etc.  However, since my ring was quite heavy gold, I do remember get quite a good price for it!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Yes, I still have my high school class ring from class of 1963.  Its 10k  black onyx stone with a mother of pearl strip.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)