Respected Contributor

Re: Do you shop around for the best price on jewelry?

On 1/23/2015 esmeraldagooch said:

I've just purchased two items in the last 60 days that retailed for $7000 and spent $1300.00. Secondary market , Trademarked and just like new.

Perfect!!!

Wear them in good health!!

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 esmeraldagooch said:

I've just purchased two items in the last 60 days that retailed for $7000 and spent $1300.00. Secondary market , Trademarked and just like new.

Makes sense to me - if you can find what you like on the secondary market, why not.

I've done that and now I'm just not buying jewelry on any market. So far, I'm not unhappy shopping my existing collection which is even less expensive.

Honored Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Smaug said:

LD, I agree about the shipping. $10+ seems to be very high when most places will ship for free.

SR I use ebay too and love it. Never any problems with vendors *knock on wood*

croemer, care to share that gemstone site with everyone {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

GS, I agree on those one of a kind pieces. Hard to compare when there isn't anything to match it with!

Hi gato, it is a website with an array of shopping from jewelery(some real..some fashion) to beauty to fashions etc. The site is Joyus.com. I have bought 4 pieces so far and am very pleased with every piece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

There was a time I bought A LOT of jewelry. (much from QVC) Those days are over. I seldom buy jewelry for my self anymore. If I do it's something specific and not likely to be discounted or something that catches my eye. My husband uses a friend who is a jeweler and never shops around for the best price.

Esteemed Contributor

if I want a piece of jewelry my ""go to"" is QVC.....I will not hunt and peck the websites or the stores....I really do not ""need"" any jewelry in my life now...but I still look...and if something catches my eye...and my budget...(lol) I will purchase....

Respected Contributor

Thanks croemer!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

i generally buy what i like.....especially if they are a unique design.......something ""different"" that i dont think i can find elsewhere......if i feel the price is reasonable and worth the workmanship.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

yes

Honored Contributor

I shop around for the very best price on EVERYTHING.

I have to, as I have an extremely small budget. And I must say that I've become pretty damm good at it. Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

I honestly don't buy jewelry but if I did I would for sure do research and get the best deal