Honored Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

@orangegarnet wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I do.  I try not to think about it often.

He died at 19.  He was a Marine.

I do still have a picture of the two of us somewhere. 

Hugs for you, chicken.. I am so sorry..

Thanks, Orange!  Smiley Happy  That is very kind.  I hadn't thought of him lately so this gave me a good cry.    It was so very very long ago.

Awh chicken, I hope I didn't make you cry..  I still get tender hearted over mine and haven't spoken to him in years..  I think it's a good thing to open our hearts from time to time and let those memories come out..  A smile through tears, to me, is healing.. 

Oh no, please don't think that!  Smiley Happy  You are kind and that is what helps make the tears happy.  

I agree with you that it IS a good thing to open our hearts from time to time and let those memories out.   It's not like they go away when you try to stuff them.  Besides, our memories are a part of who we become. 

Like I'm sure many others here, I've had many tragedies in my life.   That cannot be denied, although we don't dwell on them.

It was sad that this lovely young man had to die so young.  It was my first experience with losing somebody who meant so much to me.  The other half of that tragedy was that I didn't have anybody to help me through it, as I had that horrible mother.   It just got buried within me for many years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

@chickenbutt wrote:

Awh chicken, I hope I didn't make you cry..  I still get tender hearted over mine and haven't spoken to him in years..  I think it's a good thing to open our hearts from time to time and let those memories come out..  A smile through tears, to me, is healing.. 

Oh no, please don't think that!  Smiley Happy  You are kind and that is what helps make the tears happy.  

I agree with you that it IS a good thing to open our hearts from time to time and let those memories out.   It's not like they go away when you try to stuff them.  Besides, our memories are a part of who we become. 

Like I'm sure many others here, I've had many tragedies in my life.   That cannot be denied, although we don't dwell on them.

It was sad that this lovely young man had to die so young.  It was my first experience with losing somebody who meant so much to me.  The other half of that tragedy was that I didn't have anybody to help me through it, as I had that horrible mother.   It just got buried within me for many years.

I Yes our memories are a part of who we become... they were and will forever be apart of our hearts- no denying that.  I agree it was so sad at such a young age, I'm afraid we all knew young men who lost their lives years ago..  I hate you had to endure that by yourself, that in it's self was more painful than anything.  Please know I completely understand what you said, more than you'll ever know..

Corita, I am so sorry for your lose as well.  So many young men lost their lives in that war..  it will always be a thorn in our hearts for them all..

Many hugs to you and Chicken.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Yes, i married my first love.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Trusted Contributor

I have read all the posts. Beautiful stories and memories for most of us. It's so nice to see how we have grown through the years from our first love to our true love and some with sad endings. Lovely thoughts are part of life it's not living in the past it's another puzzle of our past.  I am grateful to have my memories at least I have them! 

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Yes, I've been (often) now wondering what happened to that cute boy!  Tall, handsome, very nice, somewhat shy.  Of course, since I wasn't very 'outgoing', the more aggressive girls were after him, and succeeded in their attempts, from what I heard.  Oh, well.  Wild women and all.............(lol).

Similar situation.  Looked him up on Facebook a while back.  Wow the years were not kind to him!  LOL!!

Honored Contributor

My first love was a much older guy who was movie star gorgeous and drove a navy blue Mustang witha white rag top. Of course, the relationship never evolved because he was too much in love with himself. Years later after I married my soul mate, I read in the news paper that he was found dead in a door way in the city, he was homeless.

Honored Contributor

Yes. No. I have looked him up from time to time (on-line) thinking what life would have been like being married to him.  That time period was the best time of my life, besides having my kid.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I don't think it is healthy to sit around thinking about past boyfriends and wondering about them or what ifs. It is much better to live in reality.

Garth Brooks used to have a song out about unanswered prayers and how past lovers are not what they seemed at the time. There was some reason that you two quit seeing each other back then.

One of my brothers dated the same girl for about 3 years in high school.She was really into smothering him and he cheated on her all the time,. Eventually my Mom made him stop seeing her because it wasn't fair to her that he was also seeing all these other girls. About 2 years ago she sent me a private FB message telling me her DH had died and she wanted me to hook her up with my brother again. This brother has been married and divorced 7 times and also has been in jail for bigamy and for stealing someones checkbook and writing checks. I explained all this to her but she wanted to talk to him so I gave her his cell #. She called, eventually they were living together and he was draining all her $$$. I felt so bad for her. As luck would have it he got sick and died, which was a good thing for her or she would have been bankrupted. Now she has attached herself to my other brother , who is married and this attachment is purely one sided. Clearly this woman has some psych issues and probably had them even back in HS.

You've told us many times you married your high school boy friend after your first husband died.  Apparently one or both of you were thinking about past a past boyfriend or girlfriend.

Honored Contributor

1.  Yes.

2.  NO  (thank goodness!!!)

Trusted Contributor

1. yes

2. no

Jessa