Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

Yes, I remember.  No, I don't think about him much.  No, I didn't marry him.

I preferred dogs and sports to guys when I was young and favored those over love entanglements.  My first, and only, marriage pretty much did it for me for falling in love and getting married.......long story that I won't talk about.  I sound selfish but I like my freedom, my dogs, my money and my time too much to try to conform to a guy's needs.  Friendship is great for me but men require a lot of care and attention that I'm not interested in delving into after my first fiasco's.  Woman Embarassed  My brother has the most awsome relationship with his wife and though she wasn't his first love, she is definitely his last!  I think he received all the "love" genetics from our family tree!  Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

Yes, although we didn't marry I'm still friends with him and his family after all these years,he married a couple years after I did and relocated due to job, I speak with his mother every Christmas. 

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Frequent Contributor

Oh, gosh, yes!  So handsome and charming when he wanted to be.  Basketball star, four years older than I was, all of that.  But we did not marry and I carried a torch for the man for years even after he was married.  What a mistake.  What a waste of time pining over him.  II wish I could've moved on, but I was young and impressionable.  Anyway, I married a wonderful man who would do anything for me.  Am I happy?  Well...

Valued Contributor

Yes, it's hard not to, since I wake up with him every day Smiley Happy  He was my first and is my last. And yes, I married him!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, no and no.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Sunday Morning had a segment on first loves this morning.. There's a 70% chance that rekindling a HS romance will work out IF both people are single.  

My husband wasn't my first BF but he was the first one I really cared about.  

Respected Contributor

Of course I remember my high school sweetheart.  We were inseparable.  He helped me through an extremely traumatic time in my life.

No, I did not marry him and yes, I think about him from time to time.

I've been married to my true love since 1973.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do think about him.  He went into the Navy just a year after we were together.  We met at college.   He ended up meeting and marrying someone but it didn't work out.   He visited me when he was on leave, totally surprised me and we stayed in touch for months.   He professed is love for me and that he wished things had worked out differently.

He stopped calling and writing all of a sudden and I later learned from his sister that he got back with the wife.

I was devastated.    But, today, I still think back and wonder about him.  He was a good guy, just confused as a young man as to what he wanted in life.

I'm still single so it would be neat to meet up with him again just to see.