Honored Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

My first love chose to become a drug addict, and my second an alcoholic.  I chalk those two relationships up to being a young and stupid female.  If I ever think of either of them, I am thankful that  those relationships ended.  I married the most wonderful man in the world!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

Yes I remember oh so very well. I do not think you ever forget your first love. He was in my life at a very difficult time when my father was dying when I was 18 years old. I think of him all the time and wish it could have come true. I went to Nursing School and he went off to medical school and we talked a couple of times at the hospital, but he got married and I got married, and that was the end of the love story.

Honored Contributor

I do.  I try not to think about it often.

He died at 19.  He was a Marine.

I do still have a picture of the two of us somewhere. 

Honored Contributor

Yes and he'll be forever a part of my heart.. Yes I have many fond memories of us, although we were never a couple..

No I didn't marry him.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hugs for you, chicken.. I am so sorry..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

orangegarnet wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, Orange!  Smiley Happy  That is very kind.  I hadn't thought of him lately so this gave me a good cry.    It was so very very long ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think it is healthy to sit around thinking about past boyfriends and wondering about them or what ifs. It is much better to live in reality.

Garth Brooks used to have a song out about unanswered prayers and how past lovers are not what they seemed at the time. There was some reason that you two quit seeing each other back then.

One of my brothers dated the same girl for about 3 years in high school.She was really into smothering him and he cheated on her all the time,. Eventually my Mom made him stop seeing her because it wasn't fair to her that he was also seeing all these other girls. About 2 years ago she sent me a private FB message telling me her DH had died and she wanted me to hook her up with my brother again. This brother has been married and divorced 7 times and also has been in jail for bigamy and for stealing someones checkbook and writing checks. I explained all this to her but she wanted to talk to him so I gave her his cell #. She called, eventually they were living together and he was draining all her $$$. I felt so bad for her. As luck would have it he got sick and died, which was a good thing for her or she would have been bankrupted. Now she has attached herself to my other brother , who is married and this attachment is purely one sided. Clearly this woman has some psych issues and probably had them even back in HS.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, Orange!  Smiley Happy  That is very kind.  I hadn't thought of him lately so this gave me a good cry.    It was so very very long ago.

Awh chicken, I hope I didn't make you cry..  I still get tender hearted over mine and haven't spoken to him in years..  I think it's a good thing to open our hearts from time to time and let those memories come out..  A smile through tears, to me, is healing.. 

Go VOLS
Respected Contributor

Yes, I did indeed marry my first love.  I met him my first year in college, he was in nursing school.  I didn't really date in h.s.; I wasnt allowed to date until I was 17 and I graduated two months after I turned 17.  I'm grateful for that now because I was a little older when I met my guy and I was ready for "real" love.   

Esteemed Contributor

My first high school "love" lasted about a year.  He was  senior and I was a junior.  He was so good looking - blue eyes, dark hair, tall and smart.  We were different and was not surprised that it was just a "love crush".  Found out a  couple of years ago that he was killed in Viet Nam.  I cried for him and the loss of his life!!