Regular Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

Yes I do and yes I married him.  The love of my life.  We've been married almost 53 years and my heart still jumps when he walks in the house.  We've been through alot together, 2 cancers for him,  a heart attack and bypass surgery just last month.  We plan to hang together for several more years.  He is awesome.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

I remember him......I also remember he told me I had ugly feet.....that is what he left me with and now I always am ashamed of my feet. I told my now hubby of 35 years that, and he says my feet are beautiful.......
Honored Contributor

Yes, I've been (often) now wondering what happened to that cute boy!  Tall, handsome, very nice, somewhat shy.  Of course, since I wasn't very 'outgoing', the more aggressive girls were after him, and succeeded in their attempts, from what I heard.  Oh, well.  Wild women and all.............(lol).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

No.  I guess I had a crush or two but not love.  I view love differently.  I have to like first. 

Love comes with time and depends on how much love one has for oneself. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Yes.   No.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I guess I remember him, I mean I'm not that old that I've lost my memory or anything. No I don't think about him at all and LOL no I didn't marry him. That's just mind boggling to me. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

VickiV, what a beautiful post, you have truly been blessed to have such a pure, everlasting love.  I am so sorry that you have lost him on this earth, but you thankfully have some beautiful memories. 

As for me, I have been married twice and had a couple other serious relationships.  In all I felt love in different ways, some passionate and painful, others warm and caring.  Some I didn't know I was truly in love until I felt the pain after the relationship ended.  I am alone now, and do always think about the past relationships I have had, what worked, what didn't and what I learned from them.  No regrets. 

Honored Contributor

I did have a love before my husband.  every now=then i do think of him and wonder if he is still married.

he married a rival girl who i was in nurse school with after high school.  i was not a friend of hers at all.

i have bee married in the 40+++ yrs range and would not change anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, yes....I do remember him...after 40 years he contacted me and we had an e-mail correspondence and occasional he would call...

I was already married and divorced when that took place....he was married...

There was no love connection ...just a friendship....he use to talk to my then boyfriend more then me....haha...they both loved fishing...so they had that in common...

Unfortunately he died about three years ago....

Respected Contributor

Ahhhh yes..such nice memories.  No, never married him.. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!