Trusted Contributor

Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

My first love of my life. I did marry him ! Lucky me. We had a wonderful life . Four grown children now. He made me laugh . He made me who I am today . His kindness and honesty shaped our family. Oh! of course we had our up and downs we all do. I lost him due to cancer even to the end he always was worried about us not himself. He was a gift to me that I can never replace. A gift that lives forever in my heart. I am grateful. I will never forget him and always think about him.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

Yes, I do.

No, I didn't.

Valued Contributor

Re: Do you remember your first love and still think about it? Did you marry that person?

My first love was more of a crush I guess because he didn't feel the same way about me. I consider my husband THE love of my life. He is a precious gift-I cherish him.

Hugs to you, Vickiv
Respected Contributor

Oh YES INDEED I have thought about him. No, did not marry him. Never saw him after the 7th grade. We went to different junior high schools, I moved away (My Dad was in the Army) and that was that. He was just gorgeous. Happiest time was recess - I played baseball and so did he - can you imagine that way back then girls WERE allowed to play it with the boys. And this was in the deep South - far more progressive than historians ever gave them credit for. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yeh!  No way I could or will ever forget that trip.

YEEEE  HAAAAAH

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

I was deep in love with my first man. He said he loved me back.   Never married, eventually we just drifted apart. It was a beautiful first experience at real love.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I remember him. I married him, had 2 children with him and divorced him 19 years later when he cheated. Do I think of him? Well since I hear about him from my children and grandchildren and see him when my grandchildren have birthday parties I guess you could say I think about him, (but not in a good way..lol.). PS) We are both remarried to other people now!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I do occasionally think about my first school love.  I don't know whether I really was in love.  I know I was kind of surprised when he chose me, as he was one of the school jocks and a year older.  He was very smart, excelled at both academics and sports.  All the giirls wanted him.  Me?  I was oblivious.  I didn't even know who he was.  

When he started pursuing me, I was like, huh, me????  When he graduated and went away to college, we wrote for awhile and professed that we would stay together but his parents wanted him to concentrate on his studies and his career.  They did not want him to get serious and I was not to be in the picture.  And the next thing you know, I got a "Dear Jane" letter.  I was somewhat crushed.  

I think about him once in awhile and wonder if he ever thinks about me.  Silly, right?  I was 16 and he, 17 when we met.  But I always wondered what would have happened if we would have stayed together.  But it was not to be.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Of course I do.  Does anyone ever really forget their first "love"?  I don't think so.

Mine was my high school sweetheart. One of the two kindest, sweetest, most loving people I've ever known. Neither of us dated anyone else. Some of the happiest days of my life.  Sadly, when we were seniors he was in an auto accident that destroyed his sinuses - hit a windshield square on with his face.  The doctors told us he wold not live long because he would always be highly subject to meningitis.  We both understood it would be a mistake for him to marry, and more or less quietly (and very painfully) we drifted away from each other. (Not my idea, but he cared too much to put me in that situation.)  The doctors were right. Meningitis took him at 22.  I moved on to marry the guy next door. We were married 53 years before his heart stopped.  And since then I remarried.  But through all those years my first love's photo has been sitting on my desk, and a piece of my heart will always be his.  Anyone who could not understand this would not be welcome in my life. 

Valued Contributor

yes, I remember but don't really think about him, he was just someone passing through my life and no, we did not marry (I am so glad we did not, it would have been a huge mistake).