Esteemed Contributor

Do you remember the Association? (group from the 60s)

[ Edited ]

I'm off to see them in concert tonight.

Not sure how many originals are left, but, having seen them a couple of years back, I know they still sound fabulous.

Their sound was distinctive -- harmonies -- haunting love songs, catchy, happy tunes.  So much a part of my youth.

Whenever I am lucky enough to see/hear groups from that time, I am transported for a few hours.

It's always magical.

Seeing the Zombies next month!  

Wanted to add it's a small venue, so extra special.  And, it's mostly us "oldies" so everyone stays seated and well-behaved Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you remember the Association? (group from the 60s)

I remember "Windy", "Cherish", and "Never My Love" from my high-school days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman, that’s terrific.  I skated a lot growing up and the rink always played their music.  Have fun!

The Zombies ‘It’s The Time of the Season’ as their’s wasn’t it?  Another great group.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom

Yes, Time of the Season is them -- and She's Not There.

They were never a super group, but I liked their sound.

Again, a group from my youth -- reminds me of high school dances and just being young and thinking I knew it all.

Honored Contributor

Have fun. We love going to concerts too. Yes I remember them. Too young to see them in the 60s.

Honored Contributor

Cooooooooooooool   Their song "Cherish" was my husband's & my song. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, they were one of the very best, Along Comes Mary, Everything that Touches You,  Cherish, Never My Love and Windy, all classics. And they sang the very catchy theme song from the movie, Goodbye Columbus. The original drummer was so very handsome too.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman

Yes I remember the group, but none of their songs right of hand. Little help please. I too like the old music, but many of the old ones I like, also have a youth following. No small venues and lots of standing up.

Have a great time tonight.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

Yes, they were one of the very best, Along Comes Mary, Everything that Touches You,  Cherish, Never My Love and Windy, all classics. And they sang the very catchy theme song from the movie, Goodbye Columbus. The original drummer was so very handsome too.

My highschool boyfriend at the time that Along Comes Mary was released was in a band and they had gone to one of those studios where you paid to record your songs.  The song that they had written and recorded was titled "Come On, Mary".  I think they got around 100 45's to distribute.  So when the Association song started being played on the radio, a lot of kids were coming up to me and saying "I heard (blank's) song on the radio!!" LOL! Had to break the news, not rock stars! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm sure you'll have an absolutely "fab" time, @Witchy Woman!