Valued Contributor

Re: Do you remember Jack LaLanne?

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

He wore shoes that looked like ballet slippers and had an organ accompany him while he was doing repetitions. After 50 plus years, I still do his facial exercises. I think he was a kind soul with a good message. 

@rrpell

I agree he was a very genuine person and wanted everyone to live healthy.

Does the facial exercises work? (falling faces want to know) lol Woman Wink

@sunshine&rainbows  I believe they do! My grandmother did them religiously and she looked great into her 90s.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@sunshine&rainbows, here ya go...  Nice to meet you..

Jack LaLanne and his dog Happy...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

@sunshine&rainbows, here ya go...  Nice to meet you..

Jack LaLanne and his dog Happy...

@Suziepeach

So nice to meet you too!

You were so nice to post a picture of wolfman Jack so I called on you and you sure did deliver my friend. MahaloSmiley Very Happy

You just brighten my day with these pictures, and so did shoekitty.

Sometimes its just the little things that can bring someone joy.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Trusted Contributor

A former coworker of mine used to work out in Jack's gym near Oakland, CA.  Jack used to swim the bay to Alcaraz, I think he was towing something.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

As a kid I remember him and correct me if I am wrong, he wore a one piece khaki outfit with a belt, and had a white german shepherd dog. (cant remember the dogs name.)

I would work out with him, jumping jacks, touching my toes ect...

I do remember his biceps! I always thought he was so strong.

He really was into good health, one of the first on TV.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

He was way ahead of his time when it came to physical fitness and health. Jack lived the life he professed to others. Each birthday as he grew older he did something the very few thought, at his age, would be physically able to accomplish each years goals. He proved them all wrong.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I started working out with the 78 record and the rubber belt that another poster mentioned, 57 years ago and still work out today at age 80.  Marie Osmond anyone with her belt contraption on the Q.  HIS WAS FIRST.  I would still watch him  and do his stomach situps even when I went to the gym.  Great motivator.  His wife worked out with him on the DVD in later years.

Respected Contributor

My Mom was a huge devotee of Jack!  I remember her doing a morning routine of leg lifts with a chair! And at some point she had me doing it with her for company!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Yep, my mother used to watch him when I was small.  I loved his two white German Shepherds, and recall his wife would come on the show once and a while. 

I remember when he was older swimming around dragging boats until his wife put a stop to that. 

I also remember him selling some type of juicer.  He always seemed like a very nice man.

Do the math.
Trusted Contributor

He once was talking about nutrituion and said, "You wouldn't give your dog a donut and a cigarette for breakfast!"

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

My son and  I would watch him everyday. My son's first  pet at 5 was a kitten we got from kids giving one away by a grocery store. He named him Happy and that was Jacks dogs name.