Valued Contributor

Re: Do you remember Jack LaLanne?

I remember him.  My mom had this thick rubber exercise piece with foot stirrups and a handle bar that he endorsed.  You had to stretch with it (put your feet in the stirrups, grab the handle bars and then try to lay down flat on your back).

I also remember he was so built through his shoulders and later on in life wore shoulder pads.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suziepeach

I don't want to bother you, do you think you could post a picture of Jack LaLanne?

If not that's okay!Woman Embarassed I would but do not know how.

Thank you.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

shoekitty put up some pictures! Cat Very Happy

Valued Contributor

He wore shoes that looked like ballet slippers and had an organ accompany him while he was doing repetitions. After 50 plus years, I still do his facial exercises. I think he was a kind soul with a good message. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@sunshine&rainbows

Jack did live advertiments forHollywood Bread on his show.  It was a dark, whole wheat bread, thinly sliced.  It was healthy, concidering the breads of the day.  This ad was from 1964...

It was concidered a diet bread.  I remember it was heavy and a little dry, but great toasted,

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I do not need a pix to remind me who he is - an amazing man. A perfect example of staying busy and taking care of yourself. Loved watching him.

Respected Contributor

I remember working out to his AM TV show with my mother when she was pregnant; the gentle jumping jack exercises helped her feel more fit.  I also remember the organ background music and his white German shepherds.

Early interactive TV, and I really enjoyed it.

Super Contributor

@rrpell wrote:

He wore shoes that looked like ballet slippers and had an organ accompany him while he was doing repetitions. After 50 plus years, I still do his facial exercises. I think he was a kind soul with a good message. 

@rrpell

I agree he was a very genuine person and wanted everyone to live healthy.

Does the facial exercises work? (falling faces want to know) lol Woman Wink

Super Contributor

@shoekitty That's him! And his shepherd!  I remember his wife being a lovely person too.

Thank you for the pictures.Smiley Very Happy

Your the best,

sunshine&rainbows

p.s. wow wish I had a waist like his!

Honored Contributor

Yes.  my late husband credits him with his (my husband's) life long quest to stay in shape.