Super Contributor

Do you reapply your lipstick in public?

The Queen OKs Public Makeup Application

Photo: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images

Once you learned how to wear makeup, your mom probably drilled one hard and fast rule into you: never reapply in public! No lipstick at the dinner table, no touch-ups mid-meeting. A real lady goes to the powder room to make any cosmetic adjustments. But who’s more of a lady than the Queen of England? Last week, her Royal Highness pulled out a gold tube of pink lipstick mid-opening ceremonies at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. She reapplied—no compact necessary! Call it a makeup etiquette revolution. After all, what the Queen says goes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you reapply your lipstick in public?

Hilarious!

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I LOVE this picture, Opurra. Thanks so much for posting it. Can you imagine at her age being able to apply lipstick without a mirror!

Honored Contributor

A real thread - LOL

Yes, I re-apply lip gloss in public.

She's been photographed a lot lately doing "real" things.

Respected Contributor

I most certainly apply it at the table if we're in a restaurant. I'm not walking all the way to the restroom to do it. Silly.

Esteemed Contributor

We all know where our mouths are. We feed them numerous times every day. It shouldn't be hard to apply lipstick without a mirror, right?

The Queen is getting mighty frisky in her dotage, isn't she? Last week with that adorable photobomb, and now the lipstick.

I can't wait to see what she does next {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Bet that color sells out fast...

Respected Contributor

Well, now we know why she keeps her purse so close.

Her lipstick stash is inside!

Go Queenie {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 8/8/2014 sunala said:

We all know where our mouths are. We feed them numerous times every day. It shouldn't be hard to apply lipstick without a mirror, right?

The Queen is getting mighty frisky in her dotage, isn't she? Last week with that adorable photobomb, and now the lipstick.

That photo bomb was hilarious! I apply sheer lipsticks in public, even while walking.
Respected Contributor

On 8/8/2014 sunala said:

But at her age, often the hands have a bit of a tremble. Not always, but often. My late mother in law, God rest her soul, was amazing into her 80's. She could probably have put on lipstick without a mirror. I never could. But I saw my mil one time stand on one foot to put on her pantyhose and she was well into her 70's. Don't know how she did it. An amazing woman for many reasons. I miss her very much.