Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you really want to fly? One doctor’s experience.

I find the doctor to be a bit of a hypocrite.  If it upset him that much, why did he stay on the plane????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Probably because he needed to get home to his family and job.

Honored Contributor

I dont see this as much different than volunteering with CV19 patients.  If some did not like it why didnt they get off and take another flight?  Most likely because they were not charged for their tickets.

But thank you for your work with the pandemic.  You are appreciated.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Haven't flown in decades.  Would only do so now if I absolutely had to.  And that's with or without the virus.

Respected Contributor

I live in a small town 5000. A local nurse  volunteered and was  based in Brooklyn hospital.  She was tested the day after she returned and added to our count to three for the county.  There is now four .She said she was not tested there, as did not have symptoms yet she spoke about people dying daily in her hospital. She wrote weekly in our paper about her experience. I wonder coming from N.Y. and returning home how many on that crowded flight will test positive?

Esteemed Contributor

I did just see a scene on the noon news about a flight... it was United.  There were NO empty seats... absolutely no social distancing!! All travelers sitting shoulder to shoulder!!!

And I also just heard that airlines are being told that they do not have to mandate wearing masks!!  I would not get on a flight now for anything!!  Keep praying that nothing happens to any family member...they all live many miles away!!

Regular Contributor

Not true, my daughter is a Flight Attendant and since her planes have been relatively empty, they have to move passengers in order for the flight be evenly distributed. This also helps with social di

Regular Contributor

social distancing!

Respected Contributor

United, American, and Delta have also announced that they recommend masks, but will not require them on their planes.

They all routinely ask women to get off airplanes because someone deems their attire "inappropriate," but won't remove someone for endangering others. No thanks. Unless you have a medical condition that disallows it, masks should be required.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Was he in New York for a conference?  It probably should have been postponed or streamed.

Many doctors have moved to New York from around the country to help save lives. There are no conferences going on right now. They don't allow large gatherings and haven't for some time.

This has all been reported in the news for months now.